Cannot Install Dahdi on Centos 6.3

Hi,

I’ve problem…

DAHDI installation issue

I’m facing asn issue whem I’m tryiing to install dahdi drivers over a CentOS 6.3.

[root@localhost dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1]# make install
make -C linux all
make[1]: Entering directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux' make -C drivers/dahdi/firmware firmware-loaders make[2]: Entering directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware’
make[2]: Leaving directory /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/firmware' You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 kernel installed. make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1/linux’
make: *** [all] Error 2

does anyone faced this error sometime?
Regards.

You don’t have all the prerequisites installed to compile.

You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 kernel installed.

What is the output of the following command

yum list kernel-devel

Do you absolutely need to run Centos 6.3? If not it is a lot easier to install one of the FreePBX distros than building by hand.

There is a philosophical problem with Centos as it is derived (stolen, some would argue) from RedHat Enterprise, surprisingly RH is making it a little difficult to get the full source code, which is needed by Dahdi.

You will need to wait for some more patient person to reverse engineer RHEL 6.3 to Centos 6.3 complete with kernel source, (THIS is what RHEL is withholding, not totally unreasonably in my opinion, you should get what you pay for) or . . .

Debian does not have that encumberence, it remains completely open source. Which is why I use it, So if you want to be a spiffy dude with a modern linux kernel, go that way, full kernel source available with apt-get. dahdi, libpri, asterisk, all compile without a problem, almost all hardware will be recognized and acknowledged, even weird and strange “new” sh!t like bluetooth hardware, and NIC’s common in motherbords made in the last three years, freebpx will also install itself nicely, the only problem will remain is that nobody will understand why you made that choice because they remained trapped into Centos, which is itself trapped into reverse engineering RHEL, given that arguement, go figure why everybody bases their distros on RH . . . .

Oh well . . . JM2CWAE

Thanks All,

I’m already done installing dahdi,asterisk and FREEPBX.

But I have another problem, while download admin module…
It’s look like:
Downloading backup Error(s) downloading backup:

Unable to connect to servers from URLs provided: http://mirror1.freepbx.org/modules/release/2.10/backup-2.10.0.32.tgz,http://mirror2.freepbx.org/modules/release/2.10/backup-2.10.0.32.tgz

Return

I can ping yahoo.com

can u plz explain how u solved it ?? i m facin same prob wit centos6.3

What problem you have ?

Hi ronaldsh2727,

Same as orko i am facing the problem that you already solved:
You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.32-279.el6.i686 kernel installed.

Can you please post a solution to us. We would really appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Dicko

You are way off here. We have all the kernel-headers and devels in the repos which is all you need for DAHDI and WANPIPE to compile. You just have to yum install them. No different then all the source RPMS for kernel are widely available from every CentOS mirror. Not sure where you are trying to go here but the Source is 100% available for the kernel.

We built DAHDI with Kernel Sources weekly for people on CentOS. Lets not start another OS war on which OS is better. They all have advantages and disadvantages. RedHat did not become a Billion dollar a year company because nobody uses their product. Most successful Open Source company in the World.

I posts that over a year ago before you you had rpms for that version.Things have changed since then, so please feel free to jump right passed that post.