Cannot get it running - AsteriskNow 1.7 32bit

I’m a newbee to PBX and VoIP, downloaded and installed AsterixNow 1.7 32bit on virtual machine (VmWare)
I added some SIP extensions - tried different numbers: 1000, 2000, 6000, 6001 - nothing
Firewall is off.
I cannot connect to it using any SIP softphone (BOL, X-Lite,…)
ping is correct, web-GUI works fine…

I’m sure thet the account setting are coreect:
a) as an opposite I tried PBXInAFlash - installed this one, added some SIP extentions and did basic setup guided by “PiAF without tears” book - and it works, but the sound is bad.
b) I also tried setting up AsteriskNow in Asterisk + Asterisk GUI mode - this one seems to work fine, sound quality is good - but for me that GUI is too specific, I need simpler one :slight_smile:

What could be the problem? Where can I get some basic how-to’s for this specific distr?

“b) I also tried setting up AsteriskNow in Asterisk + Asterisk GUI mode - this one seems to work fine, sound quality is good”

The only difference is FreePBX instead of AsteriskGUI - and this one makes it stop running after making basic initial configuration (similar Asterisk SIP setting + adding extersions)…

That’s why my post is here

So I’m seeking for info that would help me get it running

“All of the “without tears” guides are useful and relevant and anything to do with FreePBX is the same for all of them.”

I was hoping it is - but it’s not… Seems like some defaults differ

This forum is for FreePBX.

Trixbox does not include genuine FreePBX and that version of FreePBX is not supported here. PBXIAF, AsteriskNow, Elastix include standard FreePBX and are supported.

Support of other packages included in the respective distributions can be obtained from the downstream project (such as Asterisk) or the project’s support resources.

I don’t think so.

Laughing, was not aware of this. Does that mean I get a raise?

All of the “without tears” guides are useful and relevant and anything to do with FreePBX is the same for all of them.

1 “too specific” is for AsteriskGUI not FreePBX
2. This forum is for PiAF and Trixbox only??
3. You were born a guru as I can see
4. No comments… You’re a guru here…

I couldn’t find any basic how-to specific for AsteriskNow - the one from PiAF didn’t worked out

Since this is the website for the “too specific GUI” I doubt you will get much traction.

Why did you not post in the Asterisknow forum?

If this post is representative of your attention to detail it is no wonder you can’t get it working.

Since Aserisk is common across all of the distributions you mention I can’t imagine why sound quality would be any different.