Cannot Convert astdb to astdb.sqlite3 On FreePBX 2.10.1.5 Running Asterisk Ver. 10.12.0

Hello Everyone,

I have installed the FreePBX-2.210.62-5-x86_64 Distro on a VirtualBox in an attempt to migrate away from FreePBX 2.10.1.5 running Asterisk Ver. 1.8.10.0 as I believe Asterisk 1.8 is soon to be depracated. Backing up all my settings from my FreePBX system running Asterisk 1.8.10 and restoring them on the VirtualBox FreePBX system running Asterisk 10.12.0 through the web interface does nothing. I assume old settings do not transfer over? Anyway, to start off with I am trying to convert the astdb file from Asterisk 1.8 to SQLite3 format for Asterisk 10 to correctly recognize my settings. I’m attempting to do this by running the command: astdb2sqlite3 in terimal, logged in as root. When I run that command I get the following error message: Unable to open Asterisk database ‘astdb’ Database conversion failed! I get this error even though a new astdb.sqlite3 file appears in the: /var/lib/asterisk folder and Asterisk has permissions to the astdb and folder: /var/lib/asterisk. According to this documentation: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SQLite3+astdb+back-end one possibilty is SQLite3 could not create a journal file because the astdbdir was not specified in asterisk.conf. However, I corrected that problem by setting the directory to: astdbdir => /var/lib/asterisk in the asterisk.conf file and then rebooted but the problem still exists. Am I not suppose to be running this command as root? If that’s not the case, could anyone provide me with some troubleshooting or a possible solution to my problem?

Not solving your problem here but FYI,

Err…Asterisk 8 is an LTS release asterisk 10 on the otherhand is a Normal Release, if you really want to upgrade, you’re better off with 11 and FBX 2.11

Not solving your problem here

Not solving your problem here but FYI,

Err…Asterisk 8 is an LTS release asterisk 10 on the otherhand is a Normal Release, if you really want to upgrade, you’re better off with 11 and FBX 2.11

Thank you for the suggestion and I will definitely go that route once I figure out this database conversion problem.

Have you gave this article a go?
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+database

If i were you. I’d just simply backup from old system and restore into new…while the DB itself is new the format isnt…

Also known as AstDB; the Asterisk database uses version 1 of the Berkeley DB which works very much like the Windows registry.... nevermind, that explains why I can't get it to work. :-) Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist, anyway I will give your suggestion a try when I reach a stopping point her at the office. Thanks!
Also known as AstDB; the Asterisk database uses version 1 of the Berkeley DB which works very much like the Windows registry.
... nevermind, that explains why I can't get it to work. :-) Sorry everyone, I couldn't resist, anyway I will give your suggestion a try when I reach a stopping point her at the office. Thanks!

Is it even possible to backup my FreePBX 2.10.1.5 running Asterisk Ver. 1.8.10.0 (minus the astdb) and restore just those settings to FreePBX 2.11.0.0beta2.2 running Asterisk Ver. 11.2.1 (on the VirtualBox)? I have tried to do this through the web interface (minus the astdb) and it appears as though the restore Gzip Tarball is transferring but after about 10 minutes the transfer stops and there are not any selectable items to restore.

Is it even possible to backup my FreePBX 2.10.1.5 running Asterisk Ver. 1.8.10.0 (minus the astdb) and restore just those settings to FreePBX 2.11.0.0beta2.2 running Asterisk Ver. 11.2.1 (on the VirtualBox)? I have tried to do this through the web interface (minus the astdb) and it appears as though the restore Gzip Tarball is transferring but after about 10 minutes the transfer stops and there are not any selectable items to restore.

Could somebody shed some light on this? I’ve still been unsuccessful at restoring my new system from my old system.