Cannot administer FreePBX

When I login to the admin console, I am successful. But when I try to navigate away from the overview it reverts back to the login screen. This occurs over and over from multiple machines and different browsers. Restarted the machine with the same results. I get symlink failure in the overview. No backups to restore too. Any ideas?

Check the permissions and own of the PHP session files located here /var/lib/php/session

They need to be owned by the same user that the HTTP server is running as.

How did you install your system? Is it a distro or installed by hand. What versions of Asterisk, and FreePBX?

“chown -R asterisk. /var/lib/php/session” will probably fix it… If not, flush the browser cache, turn off authentication: “amportal admin auth_none”. Finally, do a command line backup as described a few posts back (just in case) and then rerun the FreePBX installation.

Permissions for the files in session are 770. It is a centos distro. all updates are current accept for one backup module. How do i check user?

chmod: cannot access ‘asterisk’: No such file or directory

[root@localhost ~]# chmod -R asterisk. /var/lib/php/session
chmod: invalid mode: asterisk.' Trychmod --help’ for more information.
[root@localhost ~]#

I messed up. Sorry.

chown asterisk. -R /var/lib/php/session

I will be more careful…

Perhaps if I were more competent with Linux commands I would have known. Rebooting now and will let you know.

Everything seems to be back to normal thank you. Any insight to this error?

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 13 seconds ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

rename the file

mv /etc/asterisk/logger.conf /etc/asterisk/logger.conf.bak

Thanks alot. All is well.