Cannot Access Log Files from FreePBX GUI

I have successfully installed asterisk and Freepbx via the documentation but i am having problems accessing the Asterisk Log Files from the GUI. When I click on Tools and then Asterisk Logfiles and then select Asterisk Full debug log (last 2000 lines) i get a new window pop up with the following error :-

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /admin/modules/logfiles/asterisk-full-log.php on this server.

Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2 Server at 192.168.32.101 Port 80

How can i rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your reply.

Just so everyone is clear, I asked for Bubba’s opinion on the OS and he didnt try to push me into.

The simple fact is that I am new to Asterisk and value peoples opinions who have used it alot. Also the fact still remains that i do not have a .htaccess file in the above mentioned directory. my /var/www directory only has the following directories.

admin
apache2-default
asterisk
panel
recordings

I have searched these directories and cannot find a file called .htaccess.

If this is an OS configuration issue, to be honest i dont know enough about linux to fault find it. So mayeb a stock standard install of Centos will fix the problem.

I only chose Ubuntu cause i read a few people saying they had no issues getting it setup.

Bubba, I appreciate the advise.

Well
I am not on any horse, I do not drink.
I did not turn this into some This version is better than that

Once more The OP stated it was not the .htaccess file which was his problem

And if got any more relaxed they would put a toe tag me… :smiley:

And I did not suggest he use my ISO, I in fact asked if the OP wanted to trouble shoot his current install

You have NEVER seen me push that site or my ISO on this site.

The donation button on the site does not pay me, it pays the hosting provider who put up the site, I just did the work on the Asterisk / freepbx.

Well maybe once or twice I put a link here cuz I was asked to.

All is kewl…forum’s are all about expressing one’s view…our just are nott he same…no biggy

You have 130 installs good for you, we log around 300,000 mins a month. But hey why go into that. I’m not here to compete in a e-peen contest. I just to help, and not listen to false facts just to boost your paypal donations form people downloading your isos. Fact, the OS doesn’t matter, 2.2 has a .htaccess there that does this. Refer to the tickets, and get off your high horse about Centros. Your ISO file might fix this guy problem, but it doesn’t fix the FreePBX distribution file that include the .htaccess in 2.2 that produce this problem for every install. god dam, get a beer and relax :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/1442
http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/1482

OK mousepad
I guess you missed most of the post about this

It has everything to do the OS when you are speaking of paths…trust MY facts are right.

As for your post that was my first response to his post,
Me: install on support OS…
or go kill the htaccess file
OPer: Where is the htaccess file??
OK he did not know about the file or how to locate it, so the best thing in this case is to take the user to a OS which will not need to be tweaked.

ME:OK
What version of freepbx are you running
This box is behind a firewall right???

If you have the file it is here
/var/www/html/admin/modules

But I would think you just need to find out what the issue is with your install

Why are you not using Centos???

And then I get a message…
And then he asked about the OS.

To which I state that Centos was the best for asterisk and freepbx combo.

Now due to my sloppy typing the text got put in twice once in caps and once more after the first time, now if you for reason you took that to read something else… who knows where you come up with that??

If he was wanting to run a lean mean box without GUI / or atleast a working one…it would have been PoundKey / AsteriskNow

The question was not what OS I LIKE or what OS does everyone else like

the question was what was the best OS to use for Asterisk and Freepbx combo

That is all nothing more nothing less…

I know very well what freepbx is fellow
I setup Asterisk boxes all over the world (I have over 130 installs not counting the downloaded ISO / tar installs)

So please get over whatever it is you think know or think u understand.

[quote=“danielkelly”]I have successfully installed asterisk and Freepbx via the documentation but i am having problems accessing the Asterisk Log Files from the GUI. When I click on Tools and then Asterisk Logfiles and then select Asterisk Full debug log (last 2000 lines) i get a new window pop up with the following error :-

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /admin/modules/logfiles/asterisk-full-log.php on this server.

Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.2 Server at 192.168.32.101 Port 80

How can i rectify this problem.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

There’s is a .htaccess in /var/www/html/admin/modules (default dir)

Remove it and it should resolve your problem. BUT make sure your main directory is protected. What I do is put a auth_mysql on the root directory /var/www/html/ that use the FreePBX admin table for user/pass auth. If your asterisk server isn’t accessible from outside, just delete the file.

It is discussed here:
http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/1442
And here:
http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/1482

mousepad99 at gmail.com

What the hell are you talking about. FreePBX is just a PHP app you use on a webserver, php and a database. It has nothing to do with the OS. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a really nice APP, I love it, but the OS doesn’t matter. Get tour facts straight.

I do not run TrixBox…

Nor do any of my customers…
if they did they before I took them over, they do not after I take them over.

We have our own ISO / tar and we install from scatch most times…
No said you could not install it on debian…
I started on debian way back when, but ease of deployment and support out of the box we use centos.

my main box is poundkey at this time…but that is me…
poundkey is not for the average user

“OS” doesn’t have anything to do with it anyway. FreePBX doesn’t run on the OS, it run on PHP/MySQL/Apache. Nothing that Centros can do better than any other platforms. and this certainly has nothing to do with the OS, it has do to with file permissions…

The OP was having errors he asked me the best OS to use and the answer was and still is CENTOS for out of the box support.

when u are speaking of building a stable supported PBX using Asterisk / Freepbx and all the little toys built around it you stick with the crowd and the crowd is using centos.

trust me I do this for a living, I take crap FC / Unbunto whatever and convert them into stable working pbx’s all the time.

I build for my customers not myself, my customers do not care what the OS is all they want to know is that the phone will ring when someone calls

Yea Yea you can create symlinks and edit files to overcome the versions differents buy… WHY…
I can take a big drill and make a five hole rim a six rim but does that mean I should put on my car and drive around??

Or I can solder a flash card on my router and install DSL and asterisk on it…should I???

Freepbx users for the most part are looking for GUI, most would LOVE to never see a command line, hence a standard build.

If you like to use your OS then by all means do so, I could care less what you do, as I am sure you could care less about what I do.

‘‘This is the lamest thing one can say. Aterisk works on Debian, and some of our customers run it on Gentoo. We saw it running on bfin as well.’’

No one asked what the best version of linux to run “asterisk” under is (That is PoundKey)

We are talking about Asterisk PLUS Freepbx…

The term THE OS here means the best most stable and supported OS
for Asterisk / freepbx

Which is not Debian / Gentoo / FC or any other Version of linux

[quote] Which is not Debian / Gentoo / FC or any other Version of linux
[/quote]
and that is your opinion. as one which is running freepbx on debian, i can
tell you that it runs the same as on trixbox - even better, as i fully
control the software around asterisk.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

install on support OS…
or go kill the htaccess file

Where is the htaccess file??

OK
What version of freepbx are you running
This box is behind a firewall right???

If you have the file it is here
/var/www/html/admin/modules

But I would think you just need to find out what the issue is with your install

Why are you not using Centos???

Yes Centos is THE OS for ASTERISK and os for FREEPBX as well

Check the permissons on the on the folder HTTP is to be running as asterisk

On Friday 15 December 2006 12:03, bubba wrote:

[quote] Yes Centos is THE OS for ASTERISK and os for FREEPBX as well

Check the permissons on the on the folder HTTP is to be running as asterisk
[/quote]
Bubba,

This is the lamest thing one can say. Aterisk works on Debian, and some of our
customers run it on Gentoo. We saw it running on bfin as well.

I definetly don’t understand the term “THE OS”. It might be my poor English.

• diego

Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net’s Techsay panel and you’ll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys - and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)