Cannot access any feature codes by using the '*' key

I have scoured the almighty Google for hours and hours and have gotten everything else to work ie. Outbound, inbound, transfers, extension to extension, and every other feature I would need. But for some reason whey I try to dial to voicemail, or any other feature code using *97 or any other variation of feature code it automatically goes to a busy signal and I get this error in the asterisk logs:

[2015-12-04 10:37:12] NOTICE[8689] res_pjsip_session.c: Call from ‘7229’ (UDP:10.0.8.111:5060) to extension ‘*’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘from-internal’.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I’m at my wits end and I can’t figure it out for the life of me.

I figured out my issue! Apparently you cannot type in *‘9’7’ it gives an invalid extension. You have to predial the number and then call out for it to work. Maybe that’s not exactly how it’s supposed to work but it works in my case!

Based in the scant detail provided, I would guess the digit map on the phone is preventing you from dialing a star feature code.

Thank you for the response, it may well be the digit map is preventing it, although it is happening with two different kinds of phones a Polycom 335 and Cisco 7940. Both work if I predial the feature code, but if I try and dial it off hook then it goes straight to a busy signal and gives me that message.

You should post the two applicable “digit maps”

You were both right it was the Digitmap that was the problem. The Cisco phone didn’t have the dialplan.xml in the tftpboot directory, and the Polycom’s Digitmap settings were:

[2-9]11|0T|011xxx.T|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxT

so after adding the |*xx it worked perfectly. Sorry for being a noob but thank you both so much for your help I wouldn’t have come to that conclusion without your help.

2 Likes