Can we disable call transfer feature for all extension on FreePBX?

Can we disable call transfer feature for all extension on FreePBX?

Are you referring to the Asterisk feature, or the native SIP feature?

Native call transfer between the extensions.

That would be a phone feature whether you can disable the transfer button or not. Nothing to do with the PBX.

Right but looking to disable the functionality at PBX level.

You might be able to interrupt it by changing the global variable TRANSFER_CONTEXT but it would need to be very well tested. I don’t know what else would break in the process.

For PJSIP there is an “allow_transfer” option on the endpoint.

1 Like

thanks, if you could provide some pointer would be great, basically new to FreePBX :slight_smile:

Can’t find one, may be available on upgraded version of endpoint? I mean not on free version.

I only speak for Asterisk, I don’t work on FreePBX. My reply was to Lorne specifically, saying there is an option in PJSIP endpoints at least.

The pjsip param, allow_transfer is not settable in the GUI, but you can disable it by editing a conf file.

PJSIP extension 6002:

# asterisk -x "pjsip show endpoint 6002" | grep allow_transfer
 allow_transfer                     : true

Now edit the file /etc/asterisk/pjsip.endpoint_custom_post.conf and add these lines:

[6002](+type=endpoint)
allow_transfer=no

After reloading Asterisk:

# asterisk -x "pjsip show endpoint 6002" | grep allow_transfer
 allow_transfer                     : false

Worked like a charm. Thanks mate… Is there a way we can put wildcard expression which covers all the extensions?

I don’t believe that FreePBX supports templates, in parts of the PJSIP configuration that it controls, which would be the way of doing with Asterisk

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.