Can play recordings from Iceweasel/firefox

When looking at CDR or System Recordings modules, I can positively see an icon tied to audio file.
Clicking over this icon makes a new alert window appear with a "Playing: " message at its bottom.

From a PC with Windows XP/Firefox 14/QuickTime, this alert window automatically plays the sound file.
From a PC with debian squeeze/Firefox 10 ESR (or 14)/Custom file association, this alert window do not play the sound file at all.

Which browser is recommanded on Debian Squeeze to play audio files ?
Which plugin is then needed ?
Which file association should be checked so that the appropriate plugin is launched when the tag from Freepbx is read ?

Regards

On Debian/Squeeze with Firefox 14, alert offers to look for the appropriate plugin.
Accepting this makes it looking for a “text/html codec” as if it was mixing mime types.

Hand editing a file such as bellow (also tried with type=‘audio/wav’) keeps Firefox from asking for a new plugin but overall, the file can’t still be played.

FreePBX Recording Review .popup_download { color: #105D90; margin: 5px; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; }

playing: menu_accueil

The following based on HTML5 audio works out of the box (I’m not not 100% sure of this but it worked on Debian Squeeze on which I don’t remember installing many multimedia packages) with WAVE files:

Your browser does not support the audio element.

For reference, here is the code produced by Freepbx 2.10:

FreePBX Recording Review .popup_download { color: #105D90; margin: 5px; font-size: 12px; text-align: left; }

playing: menu_accueil

Is there any plan to upgrade (multimedia parts of) Freepbx code to use HTML5 ?

This also depends on the codec you use to store recordings on the server. The file is being fed directly to the browser, so if the browser doesn’t have support for the codec, it can’t play it.

About the only format that is supported by both Asterisk and (some) HTML 5 web browsers is PCM wave file. I think this is .wav in Asterisk (but not .WAV)

By the way, I’ve never been a big fan of this Trac software, but it is really terrible to be allowing raw HTML in a post.