Can I use Polycom PVX software with FreePBX for videoconferencing?

I have Polycom PVX software which is used for videoconferencing. With it, I can dial an IP address or receive a call via IP.

I have a FreePBX 2.9 server, and I’m trying to connect the PVX software to it. Does anybody know how to do something like this? I’ve been Googling around, but I haven’t found anything yet. Not sure if I need to set up a gatekeeper, or if that’s not necessary. To be honest, I’m not even sure WHAT a gatekeeper does in terms of videoconferencing, but I have seen it discussed.

What I’m trying to do is have it so people can call my videoconferencing equipment (Polycom PVX on a computer with a webcam attached) by dialing a phone number. To be honest, I’m not even sure if this is doable through FreePBX, so I guess that should be my first question! :slight_smile:

I think PVX would connect with the appropriate SIP settings, but to my knowledge that wouldn’t include video (…right?). So if that’s correct, I guess I’m wondering what else to do… or, like I said, if it’s even possible.

Even if it’s not with this particular software, I guess I am curious how to do any kind of videoconferencing with FreePBX.

Thanks!