Camp on function with pjsip

Hi everyone,
I just installed the last version of Freepbx and I received the following request. The client would like to have the camp on function with pjsip extensions. Basically when someone try to call an extension that is currently busy, they would like to use a feature code to book the call … and be called back as soon the desired extension is available again. Is there anything compatible with Freepbx and pjsip? I tried to enable Camp on function in freepbx but it seems discontinued and not compatible with pjsip.

Thank you so much for your help!
RZ

No such feature. Camp-on was only ever developed for chan_sip and the main reason for the module being deprecated in FreePBX.

Thank you so much for your answer. I was afraid of that. Do you know if there is any other way to reach the same goal , maybe with additional paid modules or software? Thank you and have a nice day!

I am not aware of a work around. We get a few requests a year for this feature, almost always from European users. The concept of a camp-on feature never really caught on in North America, so there is very small demand here for it.

Of course this could be done custom. Depending on the detail, complexity may vary, but:

• Create the callback treatment, and build a list of numbers to call back and the extension to call
  • Create a process that runs thought the list on a loop: check the extension on the first row, if idle call the number and connect it to the extension. If not idle, skip to the next record.

You could develop this yourself using the dial plan and MySQL. Or could commission this from the forum members here or Sangoma direct.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Now I have a clear idea! Have a good day!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.