Calls sent to PSTN Cell phones from Follow-Me display as overseas callerid

Hi,
Have a server running FreePBX 16.0.33 with Asterisk 19.6.0. The issue is 10-digit CallerID inbound calls coming from North America which are subsequently sent to follow-me #pstn-numbers. These follow-me calls show up on the cell phone like they are coming from overseas as shown in the image.
j_cellphone2

The trunk sip settings are:
type=peer
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=auto
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=pai
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
directmedia=no
nat=no
qualify=yes
CDR report for 3306872xxx
CHAN_START 3306872xxx 3306872xxx DEFAULT 1416900xxxx from-trunk SIP/
CHAN_START DEFAULT 1647292xxxx from-internal Local/1647292xxxx@from-internal-000038fa;1

Wondering if the following code to be added to extensions_custom.com will correct the issue.

[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
exten => s,1,NoOp(Entering user defined context macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => s,n,ExecIf($[ ${LEN(${CALLERID(number)})} = 10]?Set(CALLERID(number)=1${CALLERID(number)}))
exten => s,n,MacroExit

Thanks for any help with this.

This is a complete stab in the dark but would changing the context to from-pstn-e164-us help here? Test this after hours as this will change the behavior of how you need to set the caller ID on inbound routes if you have caller ID specific inbound routes.

This is due to mobile carriers presenting cnum as e164. So a 10 digit callerid will have a + added by the mobile carrier. Send 11 digit caller id numbers.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.