Calls not coming in - Multiple trunks

We are having a problem with no calls coming in at all. There are times when there is just plain dead air when making calls in from outside. We can make as many calls as we want out, but nothing comes in. Then, it works again, and we have no problems, and then once again, it quits. I am ready to tear my hair out because when I first set this system up, it worked like a charm. The main change I’ve made was to upgrade using yum update to 1.8.5 asterisk, which I am afraid may have been what broke it. I have tried everything I can think of to get this to work. We are using Nextiva, and the calls are getting through them, they just don’t seem to get to us all of the time. Watching the logs don’t tell me much as they just seem to stop coming in at all. I thought it had to do with our multiple trunks, since we have 1 number that comes in and goes to a ring group, and a group of numbers that we have that go to an IVR. But, it doesn’t seem to be the case. If i make an outside call when no-one can make an inside call, then it starts working again.

Is there a way to go back to the FreePBX distro install again, or what is next? I am a newbie, so excuse me for not knowing where to go to find the answers.

We are behind a Cisco ASA firewall.

Who is your VOIP SIP provider? Have you tried a different provider?

Generally, Yum update is a bad idea.

You should use the upgrade path provided by your Distro (or don’t upgrade).

the FreePBX Distro includes an upgrade path. You might try it.