Calls Forwarded to Voicemail are Hungup

Hello all,
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, or a common issue, I did a search for this issue and couldn’t find the topic being covered.
Here goes:
Running freePBX 2.2.0rc3

When the operator (extension 0) transfers a call and that call rings until voicemail, the call is hung up before being sent to voicemail. If the operater dials *1xx to send the call directly to voicemail, the call is hung up.

But, if the operators extension is dialed directly, (not 0, but 180 for example) transfer are successfully sent to voicemail, using both methods.
I cannot figure out what I am missing. I have googled and searched through forums. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, in advance.

You might want to start by using a supported version of FreePBX that is not a pre-release with many known bugs, including the one that you describe if the call is coming in through a queue to the operator. Regardless of how the call is coming in - between 2.2.0rc3 and the current 2.3.1 release - there have been literally hundreds of bugs that have been addressed.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Okay. Thanks.
This system was setup by someone who is no longer with our company, and I somehow inherited the role of troubleshooting the system. An upgrade might be above my head though. And is probably a Saturday (empty office) type of task, eh?

Well it’s always good to be careful when upgrading a critical system so doing it over a weekend is not a bad idea. In most cases the upgrades go very well as there is a lot built into the upgrade process to try and make it seamless. If there is custom stuff on your system that can always be a potential snag. However - many thousands of people have done the upgrade and given the relative silence of screaming for help - you’ll probably be fine.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Thanks so much. It looks like we are going to try the upgrade one night this week.
Hopefully its as smooth a process for us as it has been for others.

CJM