Calls Dropped After (almost) Exactly 1 Hour

I’m wondering if anyone can give me a pointer to how to track down the source of this problem.

I use GRNVoIP as one of my VoIP service providers for call termination, but I’m really not sure if this problem is specific to them, so if anyone has seem something similar i wanted to figure that out before specifically fingering GRNVoIP as the culprit.

Basically, when I terminate a call (in this case from my Polycom IP501 extension to a number in Canada, but I’m seeing this problem occur more generally) via GRNVoIP, it is getting dropped almost exactly 1 hour into that call.

These are the messages from the log:

[code:1]Jul 4 19:52:50 DEBUG[4508] channel.c: Didn’t get a frame from channel: SIP/GRNVoIP 123-08db93f8
Jul 4 19:52:50 DEBUG[4508] channel.c: Bridge stops bridging channels SIP/22317-08d19748 and SIP/GRNVoIP 123-08db93f[/code:1]

I’m running Trixbox 2.2 with FreePBX 2.2.1/Asterisk 1.2.18 and can provide any log files as might be necessary, but I really didn’t know what information would be useful. To me, it is very suspicious that this terminates at such an even time so i’m wondering if there is some setting or timeout triggering this problematic behaviour.

By way of background, I did earlier have a problem with VoiceTrading in which calls would terminate in a similar way at a variable time which was centred about 37 minutes into the call and I ended up fixing by disallowing “reinvites” by setting “canreinvite=no” in the trunk. This strategy didn’t work with this call dropping problem with GRNVoIP though.

Regards, Randall

I just got confirmation from GRNVoIP that they had a setting limiting the calls to 1 hour - it never ceases to amaze me how variable these VoIP termination service provicers are in the SLAs. At least it would be good if they documented so short a call limit.

In any case, they have set it to a much more reasonable length, making this problem go away.

I had some issues configuring with them…

Basically no experience setting up to dial out with all the other voip providers on my box… I was unable to use there service…

how do you setup a ip address authenticated provider… since your using them… can you paste your settings?

I found out the problem - GRNVoIP set a call limit of 3600 seconds (1 hour), but nowhere is this documented. You can ask their support and they will change it for you. However, it is crazy to assume calls will all be shorter than this.