Callprogress command stopping outbound audio

HI all
Here’s the system.
FreePBX 13.0.11
Asterisk 13.5.0
Dahdi 2.10.2
Sangoma A200 pstn card 2x fxo 2x fxs

I was having trouble with incoming calls not disconnecting at all. I’ve fixed this with the callprogress=yes command.

HOWEVER

Putting this line in has stopped all audio on outgoing calls.
I dial the number and I hear nothing. Meanwhile, the recievers phone is ringing. They answer and hear nothing. The receiver hangs up and I get an “all circuits are busy” message.

callprogress=no allows outgoing calls to work perfectly but then my incoming calls do not disconnect.

All help welcome.

Hi.

So a development…
I’ve disabled the command progzone=uk and I get the audio again. However, the call will now no longer disconnect unless the PBX side phone disconnects. This is an issue when it comes to hanging up within an IVR or answerphone.

Any help appreciated.

With this I deduce that the callprogress and progzone commands are incompatible.
I read that the callprogress is designed for the US. If that’s so would that be why both are causing problems?

So… this brings me onto the next issue of how do I make the system detect a hangup? Any ideas?

[channels]
language=en
busydetect=yes
busycount=2
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
immediate=yes
faxdetect=no
rxgain=6.0
txgain=-3.0
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
callprogress=yes
progzone=uk

Thanks

So everywhere I read I hear about tones and pauses and that’s how asterisk/dahdi know the line is busy and turn off the call.
However, In the UK, when we hang up we get a solid 400hz tone. There is a short click first.
The system isn’t detecting this as a busy tone.

Doe’s anyone know how i can make it notice it?

Thanks

hi:
have you check the indication.conf file? set to UK.

Thanks James.

It wasn’t. But I have now changed it to UK and I’m still getting the same issues.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Simon,
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem .
Cheers
Rick

Hi Rob.

Unfortunately no. I called up my service provider to see if the could sort out call disconeect monitoring on the line, which my pstn card can work with. However, I got a blank expression from the call centre staff!

I have signed up and got a sip trunk which i route all my incoming calls through and then use the pstn line for outgoing only. a bit of a pain but you can get sip trunks for about £2 a month with unlimited incoming calls.

Very frustrating but its down to how the UK phone system works and the fact that most telephone systems are designed and tested for America. :frowning:

I’ve not had a problem with the SIP trunk other than when I restart my router and my external IP changes. I’ve requested a static IP from my ISP and i also have a dynamic dns arranged too for backup! :slightly_smiling:

So not really the right solution but a solution!

SImon