Callpickup

Hi,

I’d like to use callpickup but have some issues with it.
In Asterisk I see *8 configured for callpickup but when I call this, it isn’t working. When I change it to i.e. *88 it is still not working.

I’m using Asterisk 1.8 with Freepbx 2.8 and Linksys SPA phones.

Anyone who can help me with this?

Does anyone else have this issue? Before I upgraded, 8 was working fine but now the text above occurs when I pick up an extension that is not ringing and press 8.

The dialplan has not changed since I upgraded nor has any configuration on the telephone.

Does anyone else have this issue? Before I upgraded, 8 was working fine but now the text above occurs when I pick up an extension that is not ringing and press 8.

The dialplan has not changed since I upgraded nor has any configuration on the telephone.

Looks like i’m having this issue…after I upgraded.

*8 is in the dial plan.

I call the queue from an extension of mine, the phone rings and I go to a different phone to pick it up and the phone says service not available.

The dialplan shows this:
[Mar 14 23:02:47] NOTICE[688] chan_sip.c: Nothing to pick up for [email protected]
[Mar 14 23:02:47] NOTICE[688] chan_sip.c: Nothing to pick up for [email protected]

IP of the phone is 192.168.10.31

*8 is in the features codes as well.

sanjayws, you are right. When I change it from ‘ict’ to ‘2’ it works. Strange thing that it can’t work when using names. Is there any reason why it only goes to 63?

It happened to me also: check your telephone dialplan if it allows you to dial *8

It’s easy to check: if you are not allowed, you dial *8 and nothing appears on the asterisk log.

Use numeric on callgroups and pickupgroups? (somewhere i read to make it any number less than 63)

So instaad of ICT, use say, 10 and finance use 11…etc.etc.etc.

Try editing the dial plan.

My spa 922/942 dial plan is a little long but it works:

(xxx*|xxx**|xxxx*|xxxx**|*xxxx|*xx|*x|**xxxx[3469]11|0|00[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

So when a phone is ringing and I can’t get to it, I pick up the phone I’m at and press *8#

I assume you have your callgroup and call pickup set up correctly. If not, maybe there is a feature in the phone itself that intercepts * codes.

BF

Thanks for replying. Changing the dialplan did not solve the issue but I found something else.

When I look in the log I see this:
[Mar 8 08:54:33] ERROR[2401] channel.c: Syntax error parsing group configuration ‘ict’ at ‘ict’. Ignoring.

Any suggestions on this?

Also noticed this:
[Mar 8 09:01:27] NOTICE[2401] chan_sip.c: Nothing to pick up for [email protected]