Calling via remote SIP Provider

The prefix is being stripped at the when server A sends the call.

Look at the log, this is the number being received:

You need to add the zero in the trunk on machine B to match your outbound route on machine A.

Dear SkyKing,

Thanks a lot. The problem is Solved and i am able to call from Server B to Cities, Via Server A SIP.

The Problem was with the “0” as per your post.

Thanks a lot again.

Best Regards,

I am glad you got it running. In my first reply I stated:

It is very important to read and try the advice we give you, it would have gotten you up and running much quicker.

This issue is covered pretty well in the “… without tears” series of guides. The most current is Elastix Without Tears, which you can download here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/elastix/files/Tutorials_Docs_Manuals/Elastix%20Without%20Tears/elastix_without_tears_june2010.pdf/download

Although this refers to Elastix, Elastix uses FreePBX. The configuration is identical. Look at page 153, which explains how you can set-up an IAX2 trunk to route calls between two locations.

Basically, you just need to set-up the internal trunks and then set up an outbound route that will route calls to the internal trunk. The “…without tears” book will tell you how to set-up the outbound route to send calls to extension over the internet, but you can add another routing that lets you dial standard calls and have them routed. My preference is to allow users to dial a prefix, i.e. 81, and then the number, to force it to go over a specific trunk.

So, you’re outbound route could be:

6X
()+81|[1NXXNXXXXX/]

The first line would allow any calls to extensions 60 to 69 to go over the internal trunk. The second line would allow any calls to 81 plus 1, area code, and number, to go over the trunk, but would strip the 81 off before sending it over. As long as the trunk is setup correctly (i.e. context=from-internal) per the Elastix Without Tears book, the remote system will receive the call and process it in the same way is if a local user picked up the phone and dialed that same number.

Dear AdHominem,

In addition to SkyKing , Ben Sharrif Author of Elastix without Tears , helped me. I totally agree that “EWT” explains IAX2 trunking with good examples, but it never explains Toll bypass. So i contacted Ben and he was very generous and explained me how to deal with it.

So the Credit goes to 1. SkyKing and 2. Ben

Thanks both of you :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

That was very gracious of Ben. I have to say that contacting an author is bold, and while they may be nice to you that kind of exposure is the main reason that very little is documented in the Open Source world for public consumption.

“Toll Bypass” is just another routing problem, nothing special or different.

Ask for support in open forums, leave the developers and authors alone so that can work hard for the greater good.

I contacted him Coz i had to finish what i started, and there is no shame to ask , if you have a goal and want to achieve something.

If i know something myself, i would share with any one who really want to learn and ask. So i just asked from people who are more professional in their field and the truth is i gained.

Regarding leaving Authors and Developer is not in my book ,as leaving them make them alone ;).

I had to mention Ben’s name, coz he helped me and told me that i don’t have to create a SIP trunk in another box , just pass the traffic through IAX2.

And not mentioning his and SkyKing, your name might made readers think that i have achieved this on my own and which was not true.

Now i have a much clear approach for VOIP and who know in future i might become an author and start helping people who badly want it.

Its just helping each other :wink:

Best Regards,

I have a very different opinion, certainly your opinion is kinder and more gracious than mine.

Helping each other out is fine and wonderful but not sustainable. I am speaking purely in a commercial environment, as has recently been pointed out to be I don’t spend any cycles on the hobbyist and home users. They are more than capable of building a community around their needs.

It’s all about the goal, a free and open enterprise communications platform. Commercial users need a consistent and accountable method of support.

The other angle was just a friendly reminder that it is just simply not polite to PM or contact people you don’t know directly and expect them to help you for free.

Let me give you an example of how far this can go. Two nights ago I received a call at 2 AM at my residence from someone who I had helped 4 years ago setup a PBX. They had actually taken the time to note the caller ID I had returned their call from years ago!

I am glad you got the solution you were looking for, I am always pleased to be part of the solution and I hope that FreePBX empowers your business to grow and communicate.

Take care…Scott

This Discussion can go a long way as different people have diffent view.

Any way Thanks to all who help people seeking it.

And lastly Thanks “Freepbx”

Best Regards,