Calling "Announcement" app from custom extension

Short version, looking for a way/proper syntax to call an Announcement from a custom extension.

I’m setting up a door access system and have the (unoriginal) idea of using our existing paging system as a doorbell. I’ve created a ring group of extensions that should be allowed to remotely admit a person through the door, in addition the ring group calls the custom extension 2991 as defined below. This originates a call between a page group and the application Playback. So far, so good. I intend to have the door phone call that ring group, causing the system to play a doorbell over our page system, as well as ring several extensions.

[from-internal-custom] 
exten => 2991,1,NoOp(Originating call to 2901 from app Playback)
exten => 2991,n,Originate(Local/2901@from-internal,app,Playback,custom/dingdong)

Now, what I’d really like to do, is have the custom extension originate a call from the page group and the “Announcement” app, calling my announcement “dingdong” (aka app-announcement-3). This would let me easily change audio files, or daisy chain other items (flite tts) to it without further touching extensions_custom.conf
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to call these psuedo applications from a custom extension or the cli (via channel originate).

Just realized that the ring group will not call the custom extension. Back to the drawing board.

Modify your dialplan to something like:

[doorbell-page] 
exten => _.,1,NoOp(Originating call to ${EXTEN} from app Playback)
exten => _.,n,Originate(Local/${EXTEN}@from-internal,app,Playback,custom/dingdong)

And then browse to Applications, Extensions and create an extension of type ‘custom’ with a dial string of:

doorbell-page,2901,1

Then add this new extension to your ring group.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.