Caller lookup not working

Hi All,

I have problems with getting my Caller Lookup working. I’ve got a script which runs on my internal webserver. The script strips some characters from the telephone number and performs an SQL query on my database. That script returns a name if a matching number has been found.

I’ve configured everything correctly (using the GUI), which resulted in the following configuration in my extentions_addition.conf:

[cidlookup]
include => cidlookup-custom
exten => cidlookup_3,1,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CURL(http://10.0.0.247:80/tel/tel.php?tel=${CALLERID(num)})})
exten => cidlookup_3,n,Return()
exten => cidlookup_return,1,ExecIf($["${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})}" != “”]?Set(CALLERID(name)=${DB(cidname/${CALLERID(num)})}))
exten => cidlookup_return,n,Return()

; end of [cidlookup]

If I surf to the above link using my browser, I get the proper result. If I use curl or lynx on the PBX to surf to the link, I get the proper result. Over here I have the configuration for the inbound route, I blanked out my telephone number (and a second inbound route ;)):

[ext-did-0002]
include => ext-did-0002-custom
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,n,Gosub(cidlookup,cidlookup_3,1)
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,n,ExecIf($[ “${CALLERID(name)}” = “” ] ?Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)}))
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,n,Set(__CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLERPRES()})
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,n,Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed_not_screened)
exten => 3171XXXXXXX,n(dest-ext),Goto(from-did-direct,602,1)
exten => 3171ZZZZZZZ,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 3171ZZZZZZZ,n,ExecIf($[ “${CALLERID(name)}” = “” ] ?Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)}))
exten => 3171ZZZZZZZ,n,Set(__CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLERPRES()})
exten => 3171ZZZZZZZ,n,Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed_not_screened)
exten => 3171ZZZZZZZ,n(dest-ext),Goto(ext-group,300,1)

; end of [ext-did-0002]

The call arives at my extention without any problems, but it doesn’t tell who is calling, it is only showing the number of my cell phone. What am i doing wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

I’m running Asterisknow and updated Freepbx to 2.8.0.2, the PBX and webserver are in the same subnet and can ‘talk’ to eachother. Hope somebody can give me a push in the right direction!

Thanks in advance.
Niels
The Netherlands

anybody any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I have the same issue, except I use superfecta to get the cid. I know that superfecta is working because if I browse to http://192.168.1.125/admin/modules/superfecta/bin/callerid.php?thenumber=1780xxxxxxx it will show the name of the person, but when they call the cid just shows their number.

When you do the above, do you only receive one line with the name? If you do it in a browser and look at the source, your only output is just the name, nothing else?

How about a trace with verbosity set to at least 3?

I’ve found the solution to my problem. I can’t really blame FreePBX. The solution was the following:

yum install asterisk16-curl

Yeah, it took me a lot of hours before I figured that one out. I use the Asterisknow package (64bit) and it seems that it does come along with CUPS, but without a very usefull curl library.
My suggestion to FreePBX would be to check if the proper curl libraries are installed when someone is using the basic caller ID lookup source through a HTTP request.

I hope my solution helps other people aswell!

any solution ?
I get just name (checked the source of resulting page).