Callback calling twice for the origin (callerid)

Hi all,

I’m running FreePBX 2.10.1.2 with Asterisk 1.8.12.0 and implemented callback feature in my server.

When call to Asterisk server, the inbound route send it to callback. The callback has it’s destination a DISA.

The inbound call is dropped by callback and after few seconds Asterisk calls me and put me on DISA.

I’m able to use DISA fine. The problem is: every time I use the callback I receive a voicemail message in my mobile phone (where I started the call to callback).

When I listen the voicemail message, I just hear the tone to dial (DISA).

I’m suspecting that callback app it’s dialing twice for the callerid number at same time. While I answer 1 call, the second call to my mobile goes straight to voicemail.

Anyone already saw this happen?

You’re probably using your own phone to invoke the callback feature. Its normal. Asterisk calls you back too quick before your phone “says its now free” to the cells. I would suggest set the delay value in callback to like 3-5 seconds.

Good luck!

You’re probably using your own phone to invoke the callback feature. Its normal. Asterisk calls you back too quick before your phone “says its now free” to the cells. I would suggest set the delay value in callback to like 3-5 seconds.

Good luck!

This is not the case. I have set the delay to 15 seconds.

I did not fix the problem but as a workaround I replaced the original callback script that came with FreePBX for another that uses call files insted of AMI.
I used this http://www.voipsupport.it/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Freepbx.Callback
Setting to work with call files, this thing of put 2 calls at same time does not happen.