Call to a busy DAHDI extension with no voicemail doesn't show up in CDR

Hi!

I noticed yesterday that a call to one of my DAHDI extension which doesn’t have voicemail doesn’t show up in CDR…

Is this

• a misconfiguration on my side?
  • by design?
  • a bug?

Any idea?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

A call to a busy DAHDI line never gets to your PBX - that’s the problem with them. You aren’t notified because there’s no way for the call to get to you (without a DAHDI hunt group or fail-over destination).

On the other hand, if a call comes in to your PBX and the only problem is that there is no V-mail box - that’s a bug and needs to be reported.

Hi Dave!

It’s not a trunk but an extension (FXS)…

The trunks are SIP…

Nick

So you are calling locally from one extension to another and the extensions are DAHDI. That does make a difference. File a trouble ticket - that definitely sounds like a bug.

Hi Dave!

Calling from the outside (SIP trunk) which gets transferred to a DAHDI extension…

I see in the logs that it the extension is considered busy but for some weird reason it doesn’t get logged in CDR…

If it’s truly a bug and not some weird misconfiguration on my part would that be a FreePBX or Asterisk bug since I writing in the CDR is handled by Asterisk?

Nick

Still sounds like a bug. It might be an Asterisk one, or it might be a Digium one, and either way, you’ll end up at the base Asterisk site (Asterisk and Digium are like FreePBX and Sangoma).

If it was me, I’d drop one here too, just so the guys can verify if it’s a problem that needs fixed…

Thank you Dave!

I will do a few more tests to see if I can pinpoint more precisely where the problem lies…

Nick