Call Recordings No Working

Hello there !

I’m trying to record incoming and outgoing calls for some extentions.

I’ve put ALWAYS RECORD for both but it never records. I tried record on demand but it doesn’t work neither. I checked to see in the monitor folder but there is no records. I’ve also put the tTwW options put doesn’t work neither. If I go to the voicemails page with admin rights and change the value to always recording, it changes back to on demand.

I,m lost. What can I do ?
I,m using last version with all updates and fixes.

Thanks a lot

in the debug, it says ampuser unknown…
Is it anything to do with it ?

thanks a lot

[Nov 21 10:34:46] DEBUG[32302] app_macro.c: Executed application: Noop
[Nov 21 10:34:46] VERBOSE[32302] logger.c: – Executing [XXXXXX@outbound-allroutes:2] Set(“Local/XXXXX@outbound-allroutes-ede5,2”, “_NODEST=”) in new stack
[Nov 21 10:34:46] VERBOSE[32302] logger.c: – Executing [XXXXXX@outbound-allroutes:3] Macro(“Local/XXXXXXXX@outbound-allroutes-ede5,2”, “record-enable||OUT|”) in new stack
[Nov 21 10:34:46] VERBOSE[32302] logger.c: – Executing [s@macro-record-enable:1] MacroExit(“Local/XXXXXXXX@outbound-allroutes-ede5,2”, “”) in new stack
[Nov 21 10:34:46] VERBOSE[32302] logger.c: – Executing [XXXXXX@outbound-allroutes:4] Macro(“Local/XXXXXXXX@outbound-allroutes-ede5,2”, “dialout-trunk|2|XXXXXXX||”) in new stack
[Nov 21 10:34:46] VERBOSE[32302] logger.c: – Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:1] Set(“Local/XXXXXXX@outbound-allroutes-ede5,2”, “DIAL_TRUNK=2”) in new stack
[Nov 21 10:34:46] DEBUG[32302] app_macro.c: Executed application: Set

What’s the problem ?
Thanks again,

how about some details on your setup please. What is it distro or hand built? who’s directions and OS did you use if hand built? who’s directions did you follow? did you deviate from the directions and if so WHY? what versions of things (asterisk, FreePBX)? you get the idea?

It’s probably a permissions issue, like it can’t access the folder for a particular reason. but we are guessing here at the moment. Please help us so we can help you.

I use the Piaf (pbx in a flah) 1.3 with CentOS 5.2, Asterisk 1.4.21.2 and FreePBX 2.5.1.0. Even if Piaf seems a good distro, the support isn’t that good and having a good answer from the forum is really hard…it’s why I’m asking the question here.

Thanks a lot for helping me, it’s very stressful when something should work and doesn’t :wink:

Thanks that info does help as that install will setup things correctly so we don’t need to go checking a bunch of stuff first.

First off at the linuxx prompt type: amportal chown
This will reset the permissions on files and folders just in case something is slightly wrong.

Next verify that you have asterisk running as the user asterisk. By default when you reboot it will do this for you. But if you logged in as root and stoped asterisk and then typed /etc/init.d/asterisk start, service asterisk start or asterisk -c it will restart as root and then it is running with the wrong user permissions causing all kinds of issues like you are describing.

Have you changed any of the users and passwords from the defaults? If so which ones? also are you sure you made all the correct updates in the right places if you did?

Sorry to answer so late. I changed the permissions again. Well, I start and restart the server everyweek just to make sure everything is ok. So it shoudn’t be that problem… I just changed the root password and asterisk passwords, because my box is connected and opened tointernet as I have to access it from outside…
It’s updated to the last changes
Thnaks again