Call Recording Question

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this question as I’m unable to find a good solution on the forums.

We’re looking into a FreePBX or PBXact appliance to replace our existing system. Retaining call recordings is a must have for us, and having access to the recordings in the GUI would make life easier for anyone who needs to pull this data.

I’m trying to find the best way to keep older recordings on the system. It looks like the archive files with the call recording reports module are a one way street, and trying to look through all the file names to find the specific call requested sounds like a nightmare, the it looks like the system prefers that you download the archive files manually… yikes!

I’ve tested mounting a NFS share on /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ with pretty good results, but if the remote server is having downtime the recording halts the call until the server is back up. And it looks like FreePBX does not honnor the cache_record_files and record_cache_dir settings if you add them to asterisk.conf.

I could just rsync the files hourly and let FreePBX clean up the recordings, but I loose the nice GUI if I do that.

Has anyone found a good solution to this problem?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.