Call Recording on freepbx 2.3.1.11

HI All.

We have a request from our cleint to setup call recording on the Freepbx system. They want the 2 days worth of recordings on the system. is this possible to setup? So basically they want yesterday and and today`s calls to be recorded.

Also can someone please explain or link to guide on how to setup the recording on version 2.3.1.11. I am currently not finding anything helpful. We would like not to update the system at this moment in time as our knowledge on Freepbx is very limited and don`t want to cause failure in the phone system.

Regards

VividSky

If memory serves me correctly there were a lot of fixes to the way Recording was handled since 2.3.1.11. If my memory is right, you’re probably going to want those upgrades.
Recording is easy enough by selecting the routes and extensions you want recorded and set “Call Recording” to “Always”.
Again if memory serves… setting an extension to “Never” doesn’t seem to work and it will record anyway if it’s set to record somewhere else.
I don’t know a way to delete the files after two days. I delete mine manually every year or so.

try:-

find /var/log/monitor/ +2 -type f -delete

Add a cron.daily job to do that.

HI All.

thanks for the reply. I have not tried this as yet but there is another issue that i am looking into first.

There seems to be some massive replication of the monitor folders. Currently there is two monitor folder with the same files in them:
\ASTERISK1\share\var\spool\asterisk\monitor

\ASTERISK1\share\var\www\html\maint\cache\monitor

Is this the way it should be? Also inside each of the monitor folder is another monitor folder, which seems to replicate it self. These two folders alone take up around 800Gb where the data in side the one monitor folder is 11GB.

Also when i go the webconsole and select voicemail and recording i get this error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare version_compare_freepbx() (previously declared in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:80) in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 650

Regards

VividSky

You have an atypical installation and my script will not work for you and probably a lot of other things will neither work properly, please expound on how you installed FreePBX and on what hardware/virtualization platform, hopefully these are hard/soft links. Either way a new post would be appropriate.