Call Parking need help

Hi I m try to configure call parking using freepbx. allmost as my knowledge i have configure in extension_custom.conf file as following
vi /etc/asterisk/extension_custom.conf

exten=>_*3,1,ParkAndAnnounce (pbx-ransfer:PARKED|120|SIP/${DIALEDPEERNUMBER}|sip_incoming,${DIALEDPEERNUMBER},1)

exten => 71,1,ParkedCall(71)
exten => 71,hint,Local/71@parkedcalls
exten => 72,1,ParkedCall(72)
exten => 72,hint,Local/72@parkedcalls
exten => 73,1,ParkedCall(73)
exten => 73,hint,Local/73@parkedcalls
exten => 74,1,ParkedCall(74)
exten => 74,hint,Local/74@parkedcalls
exten => 75,1,ParkedCall(75)
exten => 75,hint,Local/75@parkedcalls
exten => 76,1,ParkedCall(76)
exten => 76,hint,Local/76@parkedcalls
exten => 77,1,ParkedCall(77)
exten => 77,hint,Local/77@parkedcalls
exten => 78,1,ParkedCall(78)
exten => 78,hint,Local/78@parkedcalls

& enable the callparling slot in freepbx and reload freepbx.

when i m testing callparking, call is coming on server & when receiver receive the call and when he want to park the call that he dial 70, after dialling 70 call is parked on server and play one park slot number { example 71} but call is not hangup on receiver side. if receiver hangup the call the call is hangup both side (receiver & caller side). Still one call is park is showing on server, if any agent want to receive that park call he dial park slot number like 71,72 after dialling park slot number agent is connected to that park slot but not connect to incoming call.

I want when call is come & agent exten ring & he answer if between talking timer he required to park the call then he dial 70 (any park feature number) & call will be parked on server and disconnect the call from the agent side and caller side play the musiconhold. when parked time is over call land on a same agent phone or he can receive the park call dialling parking slot number form the any one agent phone. so please help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee…

so please any idea any configuration help please please help.

Anand Dayal

[email protected]

When my phone is ringing, I picking call & now I want to park the call & want to pick the call using other exten, how to do?

Let’s say you have created a parking lot on extension 900 and you have given it 8 slots. Now a call comes in and you answer it, then you do ONE of the following three things, depending on your endpoint and your preference:

1. Flash and get new dial tone, dial 900, listen for the parking lot pickup extension (in range 901-908), FLASH AGAIN to connect original caller, then hang up. Downside: People tend to forget the FLASH AGAIN part, and inadvertently hang up on the caller. Do a few test calls to make sure you know the technique if you plan on using this method.

2. Do NOT flash. Dial *2 for an attended transfer (this can be changed in the Feature Codes module). When you hear dial tone, IMMEDIATELY dial 900, listen for the parking lot pickup extension (in range 901-908), then hang up. Caller will be transferred to the parking lot. Downside: Caller may hear brief tones, also sometimes the dialing of the extension doesn’t work reliably (particularly of you are using a high-compression codec between extension and Asterisk box). If you plan on using this method, be sure to see How to increase the time allowed between characters on in-call functions (such as ## to transfer, *1 to record, etc.)

3. If you have a phone with a transfer button that does “attended transfer” rather than “blind transfer” (in other words, on a normal transfer it lets you talk to the transferee before the original caller is transferred), simply press that button and enter 900, listen for the parking lot pickup extension (in range 901-908), then hang up. If the phone does this correctly, it gives the best caller experience.

After using any of the above methods, be sure to announce the parked call and the pickup extension over the P.A. system, or by whatever method you use to announce a parked call.

When you are using FreePBX you should try to avoid putting code in extensions_custom.conf unless there is simply no other way to accomplish something. In your case, there is a Parking Lot module in FreePBX (you might have to install it from Module Admin) so you should be using that, NOT putting code in extensions_custom.conf.

Also, when you write questions in this forum, it will help greatly if you can get a native English speaker to assist you. Maybe it’s just me, but your writing is so confusing to me that I honestly don’t understand what your problem is. Try to use short, complete sentences and when necessary, use basic punctuation (especially commas) to break up your sentences in a logical manner. For example, a sentence like…

“I want when call is land on server and dial any agent exten agent will talk if he required to park the call he dial 70 (any park feature number) & call will be parked on server and disconnect the call from the agent side and caller side play the musiconhold.”

…to many of us makes no sense at all, and although I suppose that with the sufficient expenditure of mental energy I could attempt to figure out what you’re trying to say, it would be a guess at best. So please, try to use better English sentences in future posts, otherwise I’m afraid that many if not most of us will be unable to assist you.

very very thanks for reply,

I am put same qus with our west eng

without put custom configuration in

vi /etc/asterisk/extension_custom.conf

freepbx is going following part…

– Executing GotoIf(“SIP/414-b7b79e98”, “1?skiprg”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,6)
– Executing GotoIf(“SIP/414-b7b79e98”, “1?skipblkvm”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,9)
– Executing GotoIf(“SIP/414-b7b79e98”, “1?theend”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,11)
– Executing Hangup(“SIP/414-b7b79e98”, “”) in new stack

then i check in freepbx from and find some help in http://www.freepbx.org/freepbx-help-system?freepbx_version=2.3.1.3&freepbx_module=parking link. Now

when i m testing callparking, call is coming on server & when receiver receive the call and when he want to park the call that he dial 70, after dialling 70 call is parked on server and play one park slot number { example 71} but call is not hangup on receiver side. if receiver hangup the call the call is hangup both side (receiver & caller side). Still one call is park is showing on server, if any agent want to receive that park call he dial park slot number like 71,72 after dialling park slot number agent is connected to that park slot but not connect to incoming call.

I want when call is come & agent exten ring & he answer if between talking timer he required to park the call then he dial 70 (any park feature number) & call will be parked on server and disconnect the call from the agent side and caller side play the musiconhold. when parked time is over call land on a same agent phone or he can receive the park call dialling parking slot number form the any one agent phone. so please help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeee…