Call Parking and Orphaned Calls

I think i’ve got an issue with call parking:

I’ve set up a parking lot with trixbox/freepbx, with the orphaned calls going to a ring group.

If a parked call timesout, it is bounced to the person that parked the call in the first place.

They then answer, deal with the call, finish and hang all. At this point the system spawns an “orphaned” parked call, and rings the ring group - usually the same person as who parked the call in the first place. This time, the CID has the “parked:” prefix that i set. When they answer, there is a dead line, because the call has already hung up.

I believe the problem to be here:
[park-dial]
include => park-dial-custom
exten => t,1,Noop(Parked Call Timed Out and Got Orphaned)
exten => t,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=Parked:${CALLERID(name)})
exten => t,n,Goto(ext-group,600,1)
exten => _.,1,Noop(Parked Call Timed Out and Got Orphaned)
exten => _.,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=Parked:${CALLERID(name)})
exten => _.,n,Goto(ext-group,600,1)

It is one thing for the “t” extension, say if the person that parked the call misses it when it bounces back, but the “_.” extension seems to also capture a hangup event, which is not an orphaned call. Here is the log:

[Sep 23 10:36:57] VERBOSE[29438] logger.c: – Executing [h@park-dial:1] NoOp(“DAHDI/1-1”, “Parked Call Timed Out and Got Orphaned”) in new stack

I don’t believe h@park-dial should be picked up in this case.

I’ve changed the orphan destination to exten => t,n,Goto(app-blackhole,hangup,1) and this prevents the double call-back but now it means that if you miss the parked callback, then the call is dumped. I’ve extended the parking timeout to account for this.

Does anyone else have this issue? Can we delete the “_.” extension and just use the “t” extension?

With thanks
Mike

Which version of FreePBX are you using?

Would you please open a bug report on this?

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/newticket

You are using trixbox? Don’t file a bug report as trixbox use a very old outdated version of FreePBX.

What version of FreePBX do you use?

Damn, I missed that in his original post!

Yes, if you are using Trixbox, then don’t file a bug report. Rather, take your computer, dump it into the ocean, and try a better distribution, like the FreePBX Distro, which you can download from this web-site. :slight_smile:

It is trixbox, but I’ve been playing with the scripts for a while now.

I used to program dialplans for asterisk v1.1 so i’ve been going a while.

I’ll check out the freePBX distro and report back.

Mike