Call Monitor Download Problems

Hello Everyone,

I recently changed my recording location from the default location of /var/spool/asterisk/monitor to /mnt/external/recording (through the general settings options of course).

However, I noticed that when I changed the recording location that I could no longer download the recordings through the call monitor GUI; the buttons to play/download the file no longer appear. If I delete “/mnt/external/recording/” that is in the recording location box (so it becomes default), it would work again. However, I don’t want the recordings to store on the same hard drive as the operating system.

Is there something else I need to change to get this to work? I have been searching around and I can’t find anything. The only closely related thing I could find is http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/freepbx-2-9-cannot-play-recorded-calls-from-call-monitor-gui.

I have changed the owner of /mnt/external to asterisk:asterisk and the permission to 775.

I am running:
PIAF 2.0.6.2
FreePBX 2.8.1.4
Asterisk 1.8.8.0

Thank you for your time.

-Alonzo

I actually found a work around…

I used a symbolic link. It links /mnt/etxternal/monitor to /var/spool/asterisk/ . I had to change my folder name from recording to monitor to have to work properly.