Call goes straight to voicemail. is it an issue with my box?

call goes straight to voicemail sometimes. according to our provider its my box fault. I did not change anything since last month. no issues like this before…

last time we had problem with outgoing they also said its my fault then after a week of complaining they admitted that there was a problem with my route. they changed and fixed it. now i dont know if i will believe that its my fault again. hehe

this is what they say the problem is. the calls are being dropped after 15secs. we have 15 TFN’s from them. all are having intermittent problem except one which is working properly. is it really an issue with my box?

if it is an issue with my box what can be causing this? and how to fix it?

my setup. elastix with freepbx 2.9.

catch all from 14 TFN’s(not working) ring group 1
accept call from 1 TFN(working) ring group 2

if no answer after 30s calls should go to voicemail.

i checked and checked the incoming routes. did not see any problem.

this are the settings on both provider.

outgoing settings
peer details
type=peer
qualify=yes
insecure=very
host=38.101.119.163
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=alaw&ulaw

incoming settings
user details
type=peer
qualify=yes
insecure=very
host=38.101.119.163
dtmfmode=rfc2833
port=5060&5061
disallow=all
canreinvite=no
allow=alaw&ulaw

What Voicemail should they go to after 30 second??? a voicemail on your box or at the Provider?

A Little verbose should let you see exactly what’s going on.

got it fixed… for future reference of other noobs like me don’t use ringall strategy on ring groups… use queues… :smiley:

Can you be more specific please?

I was not aware of any problems with ring all.

ooppss… sorry. I forgot to update the problem on this thread… we found out that the problem is when someone is calling one of the toll free number who ever calls next will not be able to connect. it will either go to voicemail or it will just drop.

now regarding the ring all it wasnt really a problem… I think its just the way it is… when I ring the toll free number. it will ring all the extenstions. now if nobody is picking it up whoever calls next will think that the line is busy so it will drop it or send it to voicemail… thats how i see anyway. :smiley:

sorry for the confusion SkykingOH.