Call Forwarding Problem

Hi,

I recently downloaded from the tarball FreePBX 2.9.0.7 and installed it into an already running server with CentOS 5.7. I also installed Asterisk 1.8.7.1. Everything worked fine (I can call inside and outside my office perfectly).

I tried to install the modules “Call Forward” and “Ring Groups” from the FreePBX web Module Administration interface, and apparently it installed correctly too. When I try to forward all calls from one extension to another using the feature code *72, it asks me to type the origin extension (for example, 12), press #, then type the target extension (for example, 13) and press # again.

I’ve checked the Asterisk DB using the following console command:
asterisk -rx "database show"
I could see the entry was correctly added, for example something like this was added:
/CF/12 : 13

Until here everything works well and as expected, but now:

a) (WRONG) If I call extension 12 directly from another extension, it plays the busy tone and of course extension 13 does not ring.
b) (RIGHT) If I call a Ring Group containing extension 12 (and not containing extension 13, of course), then extension 13 rings and all extensions in the Ring Group (but 12) ring too.

Now I forward the calls to extension 12 to a cell phone instead of extension 13.

c) (WRONG) If I call extension 12 directly from another extension, it plays the busy tone and of course the cell phone does not ring.
d) (WRONG) If I call a Ring Group containing extension 12, then cell phone rings but all extensions in the Ring Group don’t. Moreover, the cell phone keeps ringing after hanging up the call.

If I check in the Asterisk CLI the output during the calls, in cases a) and c) I can’t see anything related to “dialparties.agi” and this seems to be the reason why things are not working. But in case b) and d) “dialparties.agi” seems to handle things, and I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

Maybe I’m missing a module or dependency that Call Forward or Ring Groups need??

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Great!!!

I solved both the problems a) and c) by simply doing the following:

• I installed ALL the modules from the FreePBX web Module Administration interface belonging to the categories “Basic” and “Extended”.

• I also installed only this two modules under the category “Unsupported”:
    DUNDi Lookup Registry
    PHPAGI Config

I described exactly what I’ve done, but I guess the responsible of the things getting to work properly is the “PHPAGI Config” module.

Now the problem is… situation d) is still behaving the same wrong way.