Call Forwarding choose outbound trunk

Hi all

i inherited from a customer a multi tenant freepbx Server and i was charged to move it to a newer freepbx version…
Almost all fine but they used to add call forward by astdb via command line (dont’ ask me why) like so:
"database put cf 200 032xxxxxxxxx "
On prior version, CF extensions used the trunk assigned for outbound calls…this new version uses the first route defined on outbound routes…
I know you can’t answer precisely for my case so i’m asking any directive or info about the configuration file,macro or similar involved on CF to check for, so i can compare old configuration files with newer…
Thanks

There is no such thing as a “Multi-Tenant” FreePBX Server. That would require a lot of configuration and modification to the settings and system. Or if they didn’t know what they were doing and the made it “Multi-Tenant” by doing some weird setups and formatting for their users, who knows.

Basically, this system needs to be treated like it is been modified outside the normal standards of FreePBX. Without exact details on how things are done or setup, you’re not going to get a lot of help here as it would be considered “unsupported” to begin with.

You inherited a Unicorn. It shouldn’t exist and there’s only one like it in the world.

That says “For extension 200, forward all calls to 032x…”, so that’s not entirely crazy.

You control the trunk order when you select your outbound routes, by ordering the trunks in the outbound route, so that should do what you are expecting.

To be clear, Asterisk as selected “the first” trunk available forever.

It sounds like you need to look at the outbound routes and set those up with your trunks to get the calls moving the way you want them to.

Hi all…
Just for information…
where is it possible to find dialplan entry for astdb CF ?
And is there a flow chart to study Freepbx behavior during call processing ?
I’m a bit confused about where to check in the file configuration…
Sorry…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.