Call Forwarding and BLF (again)

Hello

I try to make custom call forward via blf key. The key “itself” works, but the blf does not change after the call forwarding was activated.

The CF code is: *9610243333
which routes incoming calls to 1024 to 3333.
This works so far.
The blf does not change after activating the call forward

I tried to subscribe to *96, *961024, *9610243333 but nothing happens to the blf lamp.
When I see the hints, i get:

_*21X.@ext-findmefol: Custom:FOLLOWME${EXT State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
_*80X.@ext-local : ${DB(AMPUSER/${EXTEN State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
*9610242222@ext-cf-h: Custom:DEVCF10242222 State:Idle Presence:not_set Watchers 1
_*76X.@ext-dnd-hints: Custom:DEVDND${EXTEN State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
3333@ext-local : Local/0041763487786@ State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
_*96X.@ext-cf-hints : Custom:DEVCF${EXTEN: State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
1111@ext-local : Local/0041774157911@ State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0
2222@ext-local : Local/0041716712778@ State:Unavailable Presence: Watchers 0

devstate list gives me

— Custom Device States --------------------------------------------

— Name: ‘Custom:CF’ State: ‘BUSY’
— Name: ‘Custom:CF1024’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’
— Name: ‘Custom:DEVCF1024’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’
— Name: ‘Custom:FOLLOWME1024’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’
— Name: ‘Custom:FOLLOWME1111’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’
— Name: ‘Custom:FOLLOWME2222’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’
— Name: ‘Custom:FOLLOWME3333’ State: ‘NOT_INUSE’

In the actual case, the call forward to 3333 is activated.

Enabling the dynamic hint generation didn’t help.
What am I doing wrong here?

Regards

Nobody?

I analysed the bug by myself.
My testing extension is: 695
I want to forward all calls unconditional to 1111 (testing number, custom extension)
So I created a blf with *966951111
But its not working!
The first bug is in the CF-Dialplan, see image.
The variable fromext is nowhere set when jumping direct to the setdirect, which makes the CF not set correctly

The second bug (first two lines) is in the generation of the dynamic hint.
ITS NOT ENOUGHT just to make _*96695. hint.

Most users want diffrent keys to forward calls to diffrent destinations by BLF
So there should also be hints like
_*966951111
_*966952222
etc.
One would think that such a feature is one of the most basic and self-evident in a PBX-System.
Please fix this immediately!

So you put all of this in a ticket in the “Issues” tab, right?

By the way, this is a user forum. Commanding us to do something for you is a pretty solid way to make sure that we don’t.

First,yes.
Sorry, but it took me hours of testing (I first suspected the phone or pjsip as source of the problem) and analysing, which made me a bit mad.

Its already posted in general help but here again to get the bug fixed!

My testing extension is: 695
I want to forward all calls unconditional to 1111 (testing number, custom extension)
So I created a blf with *966951111
But its not working!
The first bug is in the CF-Dialplan, see image.
The variable fromext is nowhere set when jumping direct to the setdirect, which makes the CF not set correctly

The second bug (first two lines) is in the generation of the dynamic hint.
ITS NOT ENOUGHT just to make _*96695. hint.

Most users want diffrent keys to forward calls to diffrent destinations by BLF
So there should also be hints like
_*966951111
_*966952222
etc.
One would think that such a feature is one of the most basic and self-evident in a PBX-System.
Please fix this immediately!

If this is as mega urgent to you as you indicate, just fix this yourself by copying the [app-cf-toggle] routine into “extensions_override_freepbx.conf”, make the variable fix you say you need, and reload the the config. If that fixes your issue, you can instead show the exact code fix to everyone else and look like a hero!

What should the hint be?

also “fromext” is set to “AMPUSER”

FreePBX has a feature and bug tracker at issues.freepbx.org but this would be a feature not a bug as you want a BLF for call forward that includes the number you are call forwarding to which is not how hints on FreePBX are setup for call forwarding. The hint is for the feature code and extension. That is it.

No
1: I want a blf which forwards extension 695 to 1111 and shows the forwarding state for this forward
2: I want a another blf which forwards extension 695 to 2111 and shows the forwarding state for this forward

So it should create hint:

and so on, for as many forwards and extensions as required.

I understand what you want I am just stating FreePBX will not create hints like that for you. It creates a generic hint of *98695 but not one that includes the number you want to forward to.

Feel free to open a feature request at issues.freepbx.org