Call Flow Control Module/ Hook Time Conditions Module

Can anyone explain what this can do in regards to multiple time conditions and a “master switch”. If you look in advanced settings you will notice that it’s an on or off switch.
It also says this: The second use is the ability to associate a single call flow toggle with multiple time conditions thus creating a master switch that can be used to override several possible call flows through different time conditions.
If anyone has info on this advanced feature, please enlighten. This might be a solution to a client with multiple offices and TCs.

"By default, the Call Flow Control module will not hook Time Conditions allowing one to associate a call flow toggle feauture code with a time condition since time conditions have their own feature code as of version 2.9. If there is already an associaiton configured (on an upgraded system), this will have no affect for the Time Conditions that are effected.

Setting this to true reverts the 2.8 and prior behavior by allowing for the use of a call flow toggle to be associated with a time conditon. This can be useful for two scenarios.

1. First, to override a Time Condition without the automatic resetting that occurs with the built in Time Condition overrides.

2. The second use is the ability to associate a single call flow toggle with multiple time conditions thus creating a master switch that can be used to override several possible call flows through different time conditions."

I think that’s it. It means that you can hook a call flow control to a time condition.

Thanks for the word for word. I read that but the understanding is like stereo instructions in a foreign language. I was actually looking for a simpler explanation. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Which part of that are you actually having trouble with?

There are two ways this works: the pre-2.9 and the post-2.9 way.

Before 2.9, time conditions did not reset the CFC with the “turn back on” time condition hit. After, it does.

Before 2.9, you could have all of the time conditions managed by a single CFC, but because of the above, you have to turn the CFC on and off for the associated time conditions to “hit”.

trying to control 49 TCs with a master switch. I don’t think this system has the ability to do that.

… seems like the hard way. Actually, just having 49 time conditions seems like the hard way to solve the problem. I understand it’s what the customer thinks they want, but it seems like the hard way to solve this problem.

Regardless, the CFC in ‘pre-2.9’ mode should independently answer the problem on its surface.

It is one building with multiple customers. The main customer leases offices to others. She controls the phone server and each office has its own time condition. Does that make better sense? She wants master control of enabling/diabling the TCs if they close the office early for the day. Most of the TCs will automatically run from the time group settings. There are at least 49 offices in this building, each a different entity.

It explains why you are doing it, but it also highlights and reinforces the assertion made here many, many times that FreePBX is not a facile multi-tenant solution. There are many, many other problems that you are going to run into as the client gets more and more familiar with the system.

I know what you mean. Everything I have read in these forums, I have never seen done on this level. I came on in Aug. and this IT company was in the process of implementing this solution, to take over for a Toshiba system, that this customer was already using. To date I have 10 months working with grandstream phones and freepbx, so I am still learning, as I am using.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.