Call fails as soon as it's answered

Anyone know why this call, and others like it, fail as soon as it’s answered? Calls made internally to that extension don’t fail. Thanks!!

----Trace here —<

25746 [2020-11-04 18:17:49] VERBOSE[1006][C-0000001c] bridge_channel.c: Channel SIP/SIPGATE_UK-00000010 left 'simple_bridge' basic-bridge <68e265e7-5a2d-4924-9863-813a1f01ee92>

I’m guessing that this was triggered by a SIP message on one of the channels.
At the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
sip set debug on
make another failing incoming call, paste the Asterisk log at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

(You can use pastebin.com if you prefer, but take care that Paste Expiration is set to Never so that future readers can follow and benefit from this thread.)

Technically this isn’t a failed inbound call, it was device that failed to answer the call properly for some reason. This call hit an Answer() when the announcement was played. Digits where accepted from the caller, the call went through time conditions and hit a ring group that went to a device that connected then dropped.

I would suggest looking at the PBX to the devices not from the provider to the PBX.

1 Like

As Tom ( @BlazeStudios ) pointed out, this call is working.

Asterisk is a back to back user agent, which means that all calls start or end in Asterisk. In this case, the first call is processed correctly. It’s the second call - the one from the PBX to the phone, that’s failing.

My experience with this is that this can be caused by a bunch of different things. A common one (of a long list) is a Codec mismatch causing the call to fail. Your SIP Debug of the call would highlight that.

Thanks guys. Think it’s another case of the Linksys SPA ATA adaptors being flaky. Without me needing to do anything, it’s all working again. Which I hate. I would far rather I’d fixed something because then I’d know the link from PBX to phone was half way reliable!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.