Call duration limit on transferred call only

Is is possible to do the following scenario:

the operator can dial the landline using the outside route.
user is not allowed to dial the landline directly he should call the operator and she will call and transfer the dialed number for him with 5 min limitation
admin is not allowed to dial the landline directly he should call the operator and she will call and transfer the dialed number for him with 10 min limitation
manager is not allowed to dial the landline directly he should call the operator and she will call and transfer the dialed number for him with unlimited time duration.

Note that i can override the extension dial option to TtrL(50000:25000:10000) but this will be allied on internal call as example if user call an admin the call duration is 5 min while it should be unlimited because is considered as a free internal call.

1 Like

Hello,

You can configure several trunks to your provider and override the dialing options on the trunks directly.
Doing that will consider the calls to the admin local with no overriding the dialing options.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Thanks for your reply

But as I mention before it’s not allowed for anyone except the operator to automatically use the trunks

Hello,

Clearly you did not read my answer thoroughly, so i will explain it again. you have two options:

1. setup several trunks with time limits.
  2. use outbound routes for choosing the correct trunk. as for authentication, you can use:
    a. outbound route password
    b. extension routing commercial module which allows you to choose allowed extensions.

If you do not want to use none of my suggestions, you can always write your own dialplan to achieve your goals.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

ok dear but my scenario is to not allow users,admin,and managres to directly use trunks they have to call the secretary and then she will dial the outside number through trunks.
so if i configured 3 trunks with different time limit she cannot automatically select the correspondent trunk/time to this person because the call placed by her then forwarded to him

Hello,

I do not think that this is the situation. All the secretary has to do is to transfer the call to the requested extension.
She can do it when a local extension is calling her or to generate an outbound call and then transfer the call to the local extension.

You can always configure your outbound routes with a caller id matching as well.

Try this and let me know if it works.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

i know its a very complicated situation for one off my customer but cannot change it.

so what i am thinking about is to modify the context of transferring only calls from secretary extension to users with time limitation?

is it possible

Hello,

You can make all of your checks in this context: [macro-dialout-one-predial-hook]
Something like this (do not use it on your production server):

[macro-dialout-one-predial-hook]
exten => s,1,NoOp(The dialing options are: ${D_OPTIONS})
exten => s,n,Set(D_OPTIONS=${STRREPLACE(D_OPTIONS,Ttr,TtrL(50000:25000:10000))})
exten => s,n,MacroExit()

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

This is working perfectly but i still want to apply this context from a selected extension as example 100 wants to call 200.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It is really a customization in your pbx. start the log core set verbose 4 and follow the source and destination variables.
Usually, you can use the AMPUSER as your source and DEXTEN as your destination. Then test it with something like this:

Set(D_OPTIONS=${IF($["${AMPUSER}" = "100" & "${DEXTEN}" = "200"]?${STRREPLACE(D_OPTIONS,Ttr,TtrL(50000:25000:10000))})})

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

sorry maybe i didnt explained it correctly i want to set this rule on transfer call from 100 to 200

Hello,

This is what I sent you. AMPUSER is extension 100 and DEXTEN is extension 200

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.