Call audio cutting in and out on grandstream fxo gateway

If you set it to PCMU be sure to set the trunk to allow=ulaw

Frame parameters should not need to be changed from the default values.

If audio starts cutting in and out, that sounds probably like a network issue. Is the gateway in the same local network as the freepbx server?

trunk info

host=10.1.11.148
username=xxxxxxxxxx
secret=xxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
qualify=yes
canreinvite=no
insecure=port,invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

If you are in North America prefer PCMU, if you are anywhere else in the world prefer PCMA but allow the other g711 codec then you are generally safe if your carrier supports either/both, the other ones ‘can’ be problematic for one reason or another.

Grand stream fxo gateway is not on the same network as the pbx server however they are connect with each other through VPN i didn’t set the VPN up. I been checking both networks and No drop in network. both connections are 150/150 And I’m monitoring it to see if anything drops.

I’m in US.

VoIP is more sensitive to connection stability, not speed.

Your situation is most probably related to the network connection between freepbx and the gateway.

Just a update it looks like the VPN router that links us together is getting over heated and that is what is causing the problems with the lagging of the phones and audio. Someone at my office moved the grand stream box directly on top of the VPN router. So i took my wife to go there shut off the router and the grand stream box put them side by side let them cool down for a hour then then VPN router and 5 minutes after that turn back on the grand stream box. It looks like there is some lagging but i think the VPN router is slowly cooking it’s self and i have to replace it when i get back. but instead of lagging from 2000 ms which I’m seeing it’s now down to under 50 ms. And calls don’t seem to be skipping. the millisecond ping is still to high before it was only 2 to 3 now it’s at 50 but the audio is back good now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.