Busy without answering the call

Hi

I created an extension in my newly installed FreePBX that plays an announcement and for which I’d like the system to terminate the call with a busy (and without answering at all).

Here is the conf file detail:
[app-announcement-8]
include => app-announcement-8-custom
exten => s,1(begin),Noop(Playing announcement welcome_to_xxx)
exten => s,n,Playback(custom/welcome_to_xxx,noanswer)
exten => s,n,Goto(app-blackhole,busy,1)

When I chose the “Busy” option from the FreePBX menu, in the conf file it actually writes “exten => s,n,Goto(app-blackhole,busy,1)”.

The problem is that the app-blackhole,busy seems to pick up the call and play a recording of a busy, which not what I want. If I edit the conf file myself and write “exten => s,n,Busy” then the call will properly get release with the busy release code without being picked up at all.

Once I update anything again in the config, this change disappears.

Can you tell me how can I make this “exten => s,n,Busy” line appear at the end of this config instead of “exten => s,n,Goto(app-blackhole,busy,1)”.

For information I am not interested in releasing the call with “Hangup” and “Congestion” as they give other release codes that do not fit my application.

Thanks!

[app-announcement-8]
include => app-announcement-8-custom
exten => s,1(begin),Noop(Playing announcement welcome_to_xxx)
exten => s,2,Playback(custom/welcome_to_xxx,noanswer)
exten => s,3,Goto(app-blackhole,busy,1)
Try that it might work i had the same issue on asterisk 1.2

Hi Makhan

I tried numbering as you suggested and unfortunately it doesn’t work.

If I write “exten => s,n,Busy” or “exten => s,3,Busy” however it will work wonderfully.

Any idea on how to do that using the freepbx admin? Currently I have to go edit my config file manually every time I make a single change in my config.

Thanks for looking!