Busy lamp for DND on Yealink T38 phones

I have an issue where the phones are not showing the busy lamp when a user sets the DND on the phone. I have set up in the phones features to dial *78 on DND on and *79 for DND off. If I do a “database show dnd” I get the following results.

localhost*CLI> database show dnd
/DND/230 : YES
1 results found.

When user 230 is on the phone, the busy lamp is lit so BLF seems to be working unless it is DND.

Any clues on where I should be looking to resolve the issue?

Thank you,
Cliff

Did you ever get this sorted?
Would be handy to see who is on unavailable on the handset.
Mark.

I should have also included I am using the following Distro
Stable-1.1009.210.62
Release Date-10/17/12

the yealink phones are pretty good but they are not the highest quality phone i have ever run across. if this is occuring on just one phone it could be the phone itself.

It happens on all the phones. I have been reading through other forums talking about the extensions_custom.conf file with hings but nothing seems to work. I have everything back to defaults in terms of the install.

When I do a core show hints, I don’t see anything related to the dnd in the list.

To continue the test I added a polycom 330 to the mix and it also doesn’t update the status of any of the devices that are set for DND using *78. I pulled this phone off an elastix 2.3.0 installation which uses an older freepbx and it does show the DND status. I am a little at a loss on what to look for or how to debug this.

Thank you,
Cliff Olle

After working on this a few more hours, I realized that I hadn’t turned on DEVSTATE.

Now I get the following in “Core Show Hints” for Extension 230

230@ext-local : SIP/230&Custom:DND23 State:Idle Watchers 12
*76230@ext-dnd-hints : Custom:DEVDND230 State:Idle Watchers 0

localhost*CLI> database show dnd
/DND/230 : YES
1 results found.

As you can see, it appears I am now watching the DND status, but when I use *76 to set DND, the Custom:DND230 does not get changed from Idle.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Cliff

Took me awhile to figure this out but default on the distro they have “Enable Custom Device States” set to False. If you go into advanced settings and set it to true. Now the BLF for DND should start working as long as you have the phone programmed with the correct codes.

What is DEVSTAE and how do you check to see if it is active?