I have an issue where the phones are not showing the busy lamp when a user sets the DND on the phone. I have set up in the phones features to dial *78 on DND on and *79 for DND off. If I do a “database show dnd” I get the following results.
localhost*CLI> database show dnd
/DND/230 : YES
1 results found.
When user 230 is on the phone, the busy lamp is lit so BLF seems to be working unless it is DND.
Any clues on where I should be looking to resolve the issue?
It happens on all the phones. I have been reading through other forums talking about the extensions_custom.conf file with hings but nothing seems to work. I have everything back to defaults in terms of the install.
When I do a core show hints, I don’t see anything related to the dnd in the list.
To continue the test I added a polycom 330 to the mix and it also doesn’t update the status of any of the devices that are set for DND using *78. I pulled this phone off an elastix 2.3.0 installation which uses an older freepbx and it does show the DND status. I am a little at a loss on what to look for or how to debug this.
Took me awhile to figure this out but default on the distro they have “Enable Custom Device States” set to False. If you go into advanced settings and set it to true. Now the BLF for DND should start working as long as you have the phone programmed with the correct codes.