BUG: Timezone for Time Conditions

@bksales that is all we can do. The functionality is working correctly. I see no bugs with that. I am only going to change the way Apache restarts.

I just confirmed on a standalone system that the timezone is changing and being set correctly.

Not sure what you mean by its working correctly. There are multiple people in this thread saying that changing it in the GUI does not fix it and I can confirm that while it was not working correctly the php.ini file did in fact show the correct time zone (as did the GUI and the date command).

I say “working correctly” because the only way to define the timezone is by putting it into that php.ini file and then restarting apache. The code is working as expected and when I test it myself I can’t replicate your issues. Thats what I mean when I say that.

Furthermore looking at the code base the timezone is not set automatically during or after an installation. It has to be set through the GUI at least once. (by set I mean saved etc)

sysadmin version 13.0.33 restarts apache differently than before during a timezone change. However. Because it’s a “hook” process it doesn’t run in line with the GUI. Therefore when you save in the GUI the first time and the page comes back it might still be wrong until a page refresh. You can also hit submit again which won’t hurt anything.

When installing the FreePBX Distro, there is a step in the OS questions at the beginning that asks for your Time Zone. After the installation is complete, going to System Admin ------> Time Zone, the GUI reflects the choice made during the installation. Perhaps this is why many are considering it a problem. The question is asked and answered, but isn’t actually applied in FreePBX.

No biggie though. Perhaps the updated version won’t do this. But when users see the correct time zone in the GUI, but have the wrong time in Time Conditions, the problem will be brought up again… and again… and again…

You’ve nailed the issue. I’m looking into this right now, really just waiting for @xrobau to wake up in Australia so I can ask.

I agree. I want this fixed. It should be fixed to line up. It’s confusing otherwise.

1 Like

The latest installation is asking for the timezone during the setup process. It also carries over to System Admin, but not to Time Conditions.

Good to see that we are all on the same page now! :smile:

Yes it carried over to System Admin but it was not applied until you click save in the timezone screen. This was as intended. Not saying it was the right way.

Awesome… thanks for looking in to it.

This is now resolved, it requires a new Core, Sysadmin and Framework. This might also fix people having previous problems but I’m not 100% sure yet on that

1 Like

Now that was fast!! :grinning:

Cool. That was really fast! Thank you again for looking into it. :smile:

I reported this same bug (I think) back on 12-3-15.

“http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-10942”

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-10942