Bug? Console Page broken in Paging Module 2.10.0.8

I have been running the FreePBX distro quite happily for the past 7 months and today I updated the system. After update, my console page no longer works. I have a loud speaker plugged into the server’s soundcard. When I call the soundcard’s extension, the console picks up and I can hear myself coming from the loud speaker. When that extension is added to a paging group, it doesn’t pick up and no errors show in the asterisk logs.

I went from Paging version paging 2.10.0.3 to paging 2.10.0.8

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and reconfigured the paging module, no difference.
I have remade the console extension with a different extension number, I can still call it and it picks up, but when it is paged, it ignores it.
No errors appear in the log. http://pastebin.com/0bMPeWMH

Anyone know what happened or where I can go from here?

No clue how you have your sound card setup as a extension but it must of been something custom you did.

Also the Paging module has lots of changes done to make it handle dahdi or app_conference and my guess is your custom setup for paging through a sound card needs to be looked at.

oss.conf http://pastebin.com/ykKyNnLL

To create the extension, I went to the FreePBX interface, made a custom extension with the dial string:

console/dsp

Everything else was left default. When I call the extension, it picks up, when it is paged, it is ignored.

Has the way this is supposed to be setup changed?

I downgraded the module back to 2.10.0.3 and my page began working again without me changing anything else.

Should I report this or was this a deliberate change? If it was a deliberate change, how am I supposed to set this up to work with the new module?

I have no clue what is wrong with your setup but what you are doing is something custom so you will need to start debugging on what is causing it to fail.

awesomo would you mind sharing what you did to have the console paging work on your system. I was only able to get it to work with the old systems using the Zaptel.
Thank you.