Broken FreePBX admin portal after restore

Good morning guys,

I’ve made the stupid mistake of restoring from a different version of FreePBX to my newest install FreePBX 13 now I cannot access the admin portal. I get the following error.: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/db_connect.php on line 3

Everything was perfect, I am assuming that I need to revert back to the passwords in the config files since most likely were overwritten by the restore. Can this be done or do I just need to re-install. I blame myself for being lazy, but I just didn’t want to reconfigure from scratch. :frowning:

In the past I would download the tarball for FreePBX and just run an in-place upgrade - fixed the problem 90% of the time - worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply! I got anxious and just re-installed from scratch. :disappointed_relieved:

Is there a way I can do a restore from Freepbx 2.x to 13 without breaking anything so I do not have to recreate everything?

Yes, but you need to upgrade the FreePBX on the existing box - Restoring across versions was possible with much older versions, but it’s not anymore - it just causes too many problems.

Got it! Thanks for the time!

Use our conversion tool. It’s in the wiki and designed just for this. Takes FreePBX 2.9 or newer and let you convert 99% of your settings to a new 13 box.