Broadcast Dialer Not Working

On FPBX 14.0.3.2 w/ Asterisk 15.1.4 and chan_pjsip only.
Broadcast 14.0.1.7

In summary, Broadcasts aren’t working correctly, because each call in the Broadcast campaign gives up at 30 seconds, instead of going just a bit longer to hear the voicemail start playing. However, if call is rejected before the 30 seconds, it triggers as MACHINE and properly goes to voicemail, and if answered before 30 seconds, triggers as HUMAN as it should.

For setup, I simply grabbed a month trial license, applied it to my deployment ID, and then installed the module via Module Admin.

When I do a Broadcast campaign, any calls that don’t answer, get marked as not answered, even though those phones have voicemail. The CDR shows, after a test Broadcast, that all those calls end after exactly 30 seconds. The logs show:

NOTICE[30640]: pbx_spool.c:450 attempt_thread: Call failed to go through, reason (3) Remote end Ringing

There are not settings I see available to make each call ring longer than 30 seconds before giving up. That said, it’s probably some context thing, which I don’t know where to look/change.

Any help is much appreciated.

So dug a little bit more. Apparently for each call, it makes a call file here /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing

Here’s what one looks like:

channel: Local/XXXXXXXXXX@from-internal/n (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED)
maxretries: 2
retrytime: 30
waittime: 30
callerid: XXXXXXXXXX (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED)
context: broadcast-campaign-9
extension: s
priority: 1
Set: FORCECIDNAME=Steven
Set: CALLEENAME=Steven
Set: CALLEENUM=XXXXXXXXXX (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED)
Set: DIAL=XXXXXXXXXX (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED)
Set: CALLID=9a351e924a29c8cc59e04db87e8cffe6
Set: TRUNKCIDOVERRIDE=XXXXXXXXXX (PHONE NUMBER REMOVED)

StartRetry: 8748 1 (1528812485)

So obviously it’s the waittime. But how do I change that?

Anybody? This has to be an easy fix.

I assume the call file is built in to the module php itself. I am not sure, but you could look in there and see if that is where it is at. You would need to check with Sangoma if modifying their module is okay. Also anytime you updated the module, I believe the impacted file could get overwritten.

/var/www/html/admin/modules I believe…

This would be a feature request for the broadcast module:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/How+to+open+a+feature+request

1 Like

Looks like it is, but it’s all encrypted, as it’s a commercial module.

Okay, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.