Break Out during queue greeting

Hello,

I’m running FreePBX 2.9.0.7 on a Asterisk 1.4.37 box. A inbound route directs to the Call Flow Control -> Time Condition -> Ring Group -> Queue. So, I can toggle the system to off hours and if the extensions in the Ring Group don’t pick the user goes to the queue.

During the queue greeting callers are informed they can hit a key to leave a voicemail message. I do have a breakout ivr script but it’s not active until after the queue greeting completes. Pressing a key before this does nothing so we have people always complaining they are trapped. Can I break out during the queue announcement?

Thanks,

Jason

–bump–

I have read another post which says the “Join Announcement” can not be interrupted with a key press. I was hoping this is incorrect, because most people have heard the queue greet before and immediately start pressing “1” to leave a voicemail if they do not want to wait in the queue. They also do not want to wait for the Periodic Announcement (IVR Break Out Menu) and say the system traps them. Not sure if it makes any difference but here is the queues_additional.conf.

[800]
announce-frequency=15
announce-holdtime=yes
autofill=no
eventmemberstatus=no
eventwhencalled=no
joinempty=no
leavewhenempty=no
maxlen=0
music=default
periodic-announce-frequency=15
queue-callswaiting=queue-callswaiting