Brand new to FreePBX

Hi all,
Hope all is well, I am brand new to free PBX so please be patient , I have a lot of experience with more traditional systems, Avaya, Panasonic etc however I wanted to give this a try,
I have created a freepbx server on digitalocean and can access it etc, however I seem to need to keep stopping the inbuilt firewall every so often as it kicks me off regularly, I am doing this from the SSH console. How can I keep this inbuilt firewall enabled with allowing me HTTP/HTTPS access to the configuration page?
My other question is regarding extensions, I am struggling to register an extension, I see there is multiple types, I have tried PJSIP and CHANSIP with my snom820 handset I have lying around to little success, I believe I have opened the relevant ports for this also. Could someone explain what all the different extensions mean?
I’m sure once I have a phone registered I will have more questions, the full interface seems a lot more complex than what I had expected!
Thanks

Calum

I am also quite inexperienced in using FreePBX, but maybe I can help a bit.

To question 1
Admin/System Admin/Intrusion Detection
In the field “Whitelist” I have entered my IP addresses.

Connectivty/Firewall/Networks
Here I have also entered my IP addresses and assigned them to the zone "Trusted (Exclude from Firewall).

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the response,
My system doesn’t seem to let me into the intrusion detection option,
I have totally disabled my firewall too just to try and get a single phone registered.
I still can’t seem to achieve this, it seems so overwhelming compared to the big manufactures systems I am use to.
I have opened 5060 etc to the system via digital ocean firewall and yet open port checker tells me it’s not open, not sure what’s going on!

Sounds like maybe you do not have the Sys Admin enabled and the system registered?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.