Blind Transfer With Rapid Dial / BLF Keys

I just installed my first Asterisk Freepbx(2.11.0.11) with Digium D50 phones. All is working well, but there are some small things we would like changed.

When transferring a phone call if the user presses the transfer button > Rapid Dial / BLF Key > transfer button, this preforms an assisted transfer. The caller id then shows the extension of the first user, not the outside caller.

When transferring a phone call if the user presses the transfer button > dials the extension > transfer button, this preforms a blind transfer. The caller id then shows the outside caller.

We would like to use the Rapid Dial / BLF Keys when performing a blind transfer. Is this possible?

Current Aastra phones have a programming setting called BLF/Transfer. Tapping a button so configured performs a blind transfer.

BF

It’s a feature that you can use if you’re taking advantage of phone firmware 1.4 and the Smart BLF capabilities. But, it’s also not exposed currently in a friendly way by either the Digium Phone Addon for FreePBX or by the commercial endpoint manager (to my knowledge). If you’ve been rolling your own config files, have a read up on:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Smart+BLF#SmartBLF-BlindTransfer

I have the firmware package 1.4 (firmware_1_4_0_0_package) deployed, but don’t see this option your talking about. I have only made some very small changes to the music on hold config files. Are you suggesting to look at that wiki resource and make those changes under the Blind Transfer field? I’m just looking for the easiest way to do this. I figured their would be a default transfer mode setting in the freepbx interface, but this doesn’t seem to be offered at this time.