BLF's not working right with Yealink 83.0.X firmware. Response from Yealink

I have not noticed a problem with reload. But I am turning up a new system with T54W units this week. I will find out.

1 Like

You won’t unless these are v13 systems. In v13 allow_reload is set to “yes” instead of the default “no” which is how it’s done in v14+.

I could check my 13 to 14 upgraded system and see what it shows. But yeah I skimmed and missed that bit.

I’ve asked the Asterisk development team to review that issue and see if it can’t be given some love. I can’t guarantee that they’ll look at it or resolve the issue, but it’s at least back on their radar now.

6 Likes

That’s wonderful to hear-- I can understand the debate as to who should make the adjustment (Yealink to provide a workaround, Asterisk to move into compliance), so it’s encouraging to see Asterisk take leadership here.

If it had only been Yealink, it would be one thing. But now that this is more than only a single phone vendor, it is much more important that the Asterisk side of this be looked at.

2 Likes

Hi @avayax

Is 84.0.90 still working for you?

So far yes.

@sorvani how did your T54W install go with 84.0.90?

Per @jsmith’s comment I’ve started working on this. The previously mentioned issue[1] will be updated as things progress and when it gets closed. It should land in the next set of Asterisk releases.

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-27759

1 Like

The units work fine. I’ve not stress tested the BLF issue though. I assume that it is unchanged.

But also, as pointed out, I am not using Asterisk 13. I’m using FreePBX 14 & 15 with Asterisk 16.

I’ve had the issue with FreePBX 14 and Asterisk 16 (the only setup I’ve tested with). I’m about to start playing with the T5x series and will try to keep this thread updated with findings. Thanks for the reply!

Please be clear.

The core issue is the sequence number not being carried over from a restart. That is not solved for anyone.

Another user also report an issue on reload. That was related to FreePBX13 or Asterisk 13 (i forget).

That was an issue with PJSIP on FreePBX 13 with the default for transports being allow_reload=yes, which causes the BLF to freeze after reload.
Fixed in Core module ver. 13.0.131.9.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance on patches/updates, but the Asterisk ticket says it’s for version 15. Would this patch be applied to 16 as well I’m assuming?

Thanks!

The change goes into all applicable supported branches. That would be 13, 16, and 17.

Thanks for getting this done. Cannot wait for it to flow down.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.