BLF with mISDN

Hello…

I am trying to use BLF to monitor the state of our digital lines (four ISDN BRI lines with eight channels)…

I have installed mISDN drivers (i have a Digium Wildcard B410P) and i am using Asterisk 1.4.21.2 from a PBX in a Flash distro…

I added to extensions_override_freepbx.conf file the following lines,

[ext-local]
exten => isdn1,1,Dial(mISDN/1:1/)
exten => isdn1,hint,mISDN/1
exten => isdn2,1,Dial(mISDN/1:2/)
exten => isdn2,hint,mISDN/2
exten => isdn3,1,Dial(mISDN/2:1/)
exten => isdn3,hint,mISDN/3
exten => isdn4,1,Dial(mISDN/2:2/)
exten => isdn4,hint,mISDN/4
exten => isdn5,1,Dial(mISDN/3:1/)
exten => isdn5,hint,mISDN/5
exten => isdn6,1,Dial(mISDN/3:2/)
exten => isdn6,hint,mISDN/6
exten => isdn7,1,Dial(mISDN/4:1/)
exten => isdn7,hint,mISDN/7
exten => isdn8,1,Dial(mISDN/4:2/)
exten => isdn8,hint,mISDN/8

and configured a GrandStream GXP-2000 phone (with the 56 button extension) to work with BLF…

We want to monitor with BLF each channel’s state, so the secretary (and someone else using a similar console) can pickup call from external lines… I read about SLA, but we also want the ability to transfer the call to another internal extension, since only two people out of thirteen will have such IP phones… The other co-workers will have much simpler IP phones…

When i try the above configuration i have the ability to call an outside line and transfer that call to an internal extension and the lights work OK… The problem is when an internal extension calls an outside line… The light goes bezerk… From the eight buttons only a few light, some of them remain red solid etc… Can this work OK? Is there another way (old in PC, but newbie in Asterisk) to achieve this?

(i have installed also func_devstate with Asterisk 1.4 but couldn’t find a solution with this)

Thanks…

Hello…

As i worked more with the above setup, i noticed the following…

The lights (designated to the mISDN trunks), for the incoming calls, are working OK, that is when we have an outside incoming call the light is blinking and when is answered is solid red… Of course the console cannot pickup tha call (only by pressing ** and the number of the extension is directed to - is there a workaround to this?)…

When you try to open a line from the console, it works fine most of the times… Sometimes when the call ends and the light of the line should be green, it stays red…

The main problem remains when an internal extension tries to call an outside number… Instead of having a red solid light for the channel it occupies, i have at least two or more, designated to other channels which are not used at the moment… And when the call ends, the light doesn’t go green again but remains solid red…

I hope someone helps in this…

Thanks in advance…