BLF Warm Spare Failover not working

Why don’t you register your Yealink phones with two SIP servers?
This way you also have less downtime than using a DNS Failover

I want to offer a solution that the most phones support without playing around with sip server1 and server2 etc…
The DNS Failover is not the problem and works perfect, if i change the Session timer to a lower value everything would be perfect but im aware that asterisk could be overloaded.

Name a phone that pays to support, which doesn’t support two SIP servers

Snom PA1 Paging System (only complex with a second Account, which i have to assign as failover identity, not easy to autoprovision) :wink:

Grandstream GDS3710 Video Door System

I would setup all phones that support two SIP servers as I mentioned, and only these devices that don’t set them up with a DNS failover.

I hope you have EPM.

I have EPM but Maintained so much code into OSS EPM so that i dont need EPM for this Project. We love FreePBX and think that investing time into some more code is also important. But not many people do that and just use FreePBX.

My final solution for my PBX is now:

Session-Timer to 360 seconds (setting in Phone Config)
Re-Register to 180 seconds. (Setting in Phone Config)

Thats settings i have from the documentation of other Cloud Providers which they use for their phones.
@tonyclewis: With your technical experience, do you have any concerns with this settings?

Customer PBX up to 50 Extensions

Server:
KVM
Intel Xeon 2660v3 2 Dedicated Cores
3GB RAM
250GB SAS

Only time will tell how asterisk handles that and the phone as it takes a lot of CPU on the phone to resubsribe every hint and depends on the number of BLF hints. Suggest you lab it up and see how it operates after a few days.

1 Like

Have you tried setting subscribe register to enabled on your Yealink?

The description of that feature is:

Description:
1.The device will send a subscribe packet to the server after registration,and the supporting server will send back the infomation of current account to local device

Wouldn’t that be what you need?

Yealink already does this in any of their later firmware versions.

There are 2 commands:
account.x.subscribe_register = XX
account.x.blf.subscribe_period = XX

The phones subscribes on boot and register but when the IP Changes the phone thinks it is already subscribed and does not resubscribe on re-register.

Changed this (account.x.blf.subscribe_period = 360) to 360s and it resubscribes in the time.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.