BLF not updating

Im sure this has to be somewhere.
Please link me if I some how missed it on the forums.
Asterisk 13.12.1
Sangoma s500 phones
Output of: Core show hints:
*9899@app-dialvm : MWI:99@default State:Idle Presence:not_set Watchers 11

When I leave a message, the BLF button that I setup to show there is a VM in this box, isnt changing to Red.
I thought there was a module that I had to restart, but I cant seem to think of it.
I have already fwconsole restart, and reload, that didnt fix the issue.

Again, I tried to find it here before posting, I may just be to knew to this that I dont know the keywords to use to find the solution.

Thanks,
Brian

What is the BLF value set to? It needs to be set to *98EXT

Yep, the BLF is set to *98EXT (*9899 in this case).

It says you have 11 watchers and it’s idle so it would be great not red since it’s not in use meaning their are no new voicemails.

Even when there is a VM, which is emailed and not deleted, that line never changes. Nor does the BLF from green to red.

No clue. Something doesn’t seem right. Are you sure you are using the FreePBX Distro with our patched asterisk versions that add this feature.

Print out of core show version:
Asterisk 13.12.1 built by root @ on a x86_64 running Linux on 2016-11-01 19:35:14 UTC
If that isnt it, where do I verify that its this?

Thanks

That doesnt sound like you are using FreePBX Disto and maybe something else with FreePBX GUI.

This is what is currently at the bottom of the Web UI, isnt this the correct community?

Screenshot%20from%202018-09-12%2008-54-40

Yes it is, but Tony is saying your likely using a distro that has been modified/altered. Which would not be the official distro from https://www.freepbx.org/downloads/

mod - updated url

I cant say thats not the issue, as I havent done the build directly myself.
If it were just the default, would there be anything that would stop the indicator from reaching the phones from the pbx box?

I want to verify that nothing is currently messing with the default setup, so I can find out what might be interfering with that transmission.

That shows you are using FreePBX GUI but lots of other distributions use our FreePBX GUI but with their own Linux and Asterisk versions.

What is the output of cat /etc/redhat-release from your linux CLI

Looks like its centOS:

CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

That would be your issue. You are not using FreePBX Distro but your own hand install or some other Distro and their version of Asterisk does not have our patches for this feature.

Am I able to get those patches from somewhere that I can roll into the current setup that I have?
Github or something of the like?
Thanks for your time.

They are in our SRPMs so you can install the FreePBX Distro and then grab the SRPMs for it

Perfect, Ill have to update the other people and see if we can roll those patches into our PBX.
Again, Thanks for all your help.
Brian

Or perhaps use the conversion tool to migrate over to the FreePBX distro, so you can benefit from tje commercial modules.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.