BLF hint monitoring multiple extensions

So, I plan to modify the hints for a few extensions so that the BLF shows the state of two extensions on the one BLF key.

The current entry in extensions_additional.conf is:-

exten => 11,1,Set(RINGTIMER=${IF($["${DB(AMPUSER/11/ringtimer)}" > “0”]?${DB(AMPUSER/11/ringtimer)}:${RINGTIMER_DEFAULT})})
exten => 11,n,Macro(exten-vm,novm,11,0,0,0)

exten => 11,n(dest),Set(PICKUPMARK=)
exten => 11,n,Goto(${IVR_CONTEXT},return,1)

exten => 11,hint,PJSIP/11&Custom:DND11,CustomPresence:11

Can I just add the replacement hint into the override conf file…

exten => 11,hint,PJSIP/11&Custom:DND11,CustomPresence:11&PJSIP/12&Custom:DND12,CustomPresence:12

or does the override conf file need to contain all the entries for that extension in [ext-local]…

exten => 11,1,Set(RINGTIMER=${IF($["${DB(AMPUSER/11/ringtimer)}" > “0”]?${DB(AMPUSER/11/ringtimer)}:${RINGTIMER_DEFAULT})})
exten => 11,n,Macro(exten-vm,novm,11,0,0,0)

exten => 11,n(dest),Set(PICKUPMARK=)
exten => 11,n,Goto(${IVR_CONTEXT},return,1)

exten => 11,hint,PJSIP/11&Custom:DND11,CustomPresence:11&PJSIP/12&Custom:DND12,CustomPresence:12

Sorry for the noob question!

OK, so to answer my own question - you need the context header [xxx] and all the lines of code associated with the handset - at least this is what I believe from experimentation. Certainly, I got this working as I wanted.

In my case, I was trying to allow for distinctive ringing on uncooperative Gigaset handsets. By modifying the BLF hint for ext 11, I am able to configure that extension to register to FreePBX with two different SIP accounts, using a different ringtone for each - the new BLF means regardless of which SIP account the device is answering, it’s busy state is shown correctly.

I must admit to being a little frustrated with the lack of support on the forums. I realise I’m trying to “run before I can walk” but just a few pointers in the right direction would have been appreciated.

What I’d REALLY like to do, is declare a new hint for extension 11 which only shows it INUSE, not RINGING from DEVICE_STATE… I have tried lots of different approaches but just cannot get this working. If anyone cared to post an example extensions_override_freepbx.conf file which implemented a custom hint which only shows whether an extension is in-use (rather than the default which shows the ringing state too) I’d be very grateful.