BLF function Freepbx + OpenStage15

Good day,

I have recently acquired a couple of Openstage 15 phones, but when I want to program them I notice the BLF function is greyed out. (problem for me is, that was one of the reasons why the phones where bought)
Is there any module / setting required in FreePBX to get the BLF to work?

Hopefully someone who know Siemens chimes in. They are not popular with FreePBX users and not directly supported.

Do you mean “program them” (OpenStage 15 SIP) through the FreePBX GUI (AFAIK they are not supported by the EPM End Point Manager module at this point) or directly through theirs Web Based Management interface?

Which SIP version they run?

Would be great if EPM could manage them (I have lot of OpenStage’s documentation) but I now that (at least) FreePBX Developers will need to own them physically to develop and test provisioning and that could not be sufficient (probably the number of OpenStage SIP users with Asterisk is too low to justify such type of feature’s development on EPM).

The main thing for me at the moment is getting to know IF there are modules / settings required in FreePBX to get the BLF on an OpenStage 15 phone to work. Or if it is even possible at all.
From what I gathered BLF should, in theory, be possible on an Openstage 15, what I don’t know is whether it will work in combination of FreePBX

Via FreePBX EPM, No.
Via OpenStage SIP’s WBM, Yes.

Is the BLF feature parameter enabled yet?

OpenStage SIP V3 provides this parameter and it needs to be enabled.

Check about it on the OpenStage WBM’s Administrator Pages menu under System -> Features -> Feature access -> Call associated section.

Read the “3.8.26 Monitoring Another Extension via BLF Key” paragraph of the “Asterisk - OpenStage Family” Administration Manual (published 19/07/2013 with Siemens code A31003-S2000-M102-8-76A9), here the relevant text:

"This function offers the possibility to monitor another extension, and to pick up calls for the monitored extension. The LED of the key will indicate the state of the extension monitored:

• Extension is busy: LED is glowing.
  • Extension is ringing: LED is blinking.

The label for the key is defined in Key label . The Monitored phone parameter stores the call number or SIP URI of the monitored phone. If Audible alert is enabled, an alert beep or ring tone will indicate an incoming call for the monitored phone. The BLF alerting parameter in System -> Features -> Configuration determines whether the alert beep or the ring tone is used.

If Popup alert parameter is enabled, a pop up window will indicate an incoming call for the monitored phone.

With firmware version OpenStage SIP V2 R1 onwards, the BLF key can be used to pick up calls for the monitored extension. For this purpose, the appropriate SIP code must be entered in System > Features > Services > BLF pickup code."

Check it on the OpenStage WBM’s Administrator Pages menu under System -> Features -> Feature access -> Call associated section.

This was the part that I was missing.
Thanks a lot